Need Help from iPad Users to Decide

trog002

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I am planning on replacing an aging laptop. My initial choice was some model of Mac Book, but now the iPad Air is available and the costs are comparable for the larger capacity models. Seems to me the iPad Air is the winner, but you only get one shot at storage capacity. Any recommendations?

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Can't replace a laptop with an iPad. Laptops have keyboards and USB for added storage. iPads and laptops go together to me not as each other's replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Trog

It all depends on your needs when it comes to replacing your laptop if you use it mainly as an entertainment device then an iPad will suit your needs going with the largest storage capacity is always the smartest move when dealing with media

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
If you're mainly consuming media than an Air may be a better choice but if you're doing productivity stuff or content creation me thinkz you'll be better off with a MacBook.

via the tablet

trog002

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your input.

The laptop in question is old and slow. It only has a 100 GB hard drive of which about 60GB is used.
It's used mostly for e-mail and web surfing.
It also has numerous photos and some videos stored on it, but it is not used for photo or video manipulation.
I'm thinking a 128GB iPad Air would be the one if everything is migrated over to it.
As far as a keyboard goes, there's always a keyboard case or a full-size bluetooth keyboard.

quotientstech

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your input.

The laptop in question is old and slow. It only has a 100 GB hard drive of which about 60GB is used.
It's used mostly for e-mail and web surfing.
It also has numerous photos and some videos stored on it, but it is not used for photo or video manipulation.
I'm thinking a 128GB iPad Air would be the one if everything is migrated over to it.
As far as a keyboard goes, there's always a keyboard case or a full-size bluetooth keyboard.

I would heartily concur with this assessment. It sounds like a laptop is unnecessary in your case. Get the largest iPad you can afford and if there is not enough storage available for you, there are a number of excellent cloud based storage solutions available (you should probably have one for a backup regardless how much hard storage you have). As for a keyboard, I have found the Zagg Keyboard Folio (probably not the accurate name) to be the most useful.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro