so i have the new iPad Air running the new 7.1 update.... so i set up my iPad Air to never autolock (for my movies) and it just sits at home all day when im at school. and when i get home the battery is always dead on it. So i have watched it closly and i have relised that the ipad will randomly turn on turn on the screen.... so this is what kills the battery but i do not know why the screen will come on all day..... is there a way to fix this please..... thank you
    03-19-2014 11:08 PM
    Do you have a lot of apps that have notifications set up? If you do, you should turn off notifications for each app. Or, you could simply turn off WiFi/and or cellular data while it's not in use so the iPad won't get any notifications pushed anyway. That's a lot of screen lighting up for the battery to die just being in standby like that.
    Jordan Ward1 likes this.
    03-20-2014 02:02 AM
    so i have the new iPad Air running the new 7.1 update.... so i set up my iPad Air to never autolock (for my movies) and it just sits at home all day when im at school. and when i get home the battery is always dead on it. So i have watched it closly and i have relised that the ipad will randomly turn on turn on the screen.... so this is what kills the battery but i do not know why the screen will come on all day..... is there a way to fix this please..... thank you
    Notifications turn the screen on then it don't shut off that's why it's dead ...

also when watching a movie the auto lock will not lock because your watching a movie ...

Another option is power it off when you leave or turn off wifi / LTE or both

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Jordan Ward1 likes this.
    03-20-2014 02:36 AM