Went to the Apple store yesterday for the second time concerning my Air. I was one of the one's that waited in line and I got the second Air sold on opening day at this store. My wife got the 3rd. I have been having constant shutdown and reboot problems...she never has. About 6 weeks after they came out I went to the store and they wiped it of the operating system and we did a reinstall. Didn't put on anything from the backup...that was supposed to help, it didn't. It still happens daily. I shut down my apps 4 to 5 times a day, etc.

Well they went through all these diagnostics again and said it was my fault because I need to shut down the apps more often and turn it off twice a day and wanted to send me on my way.

I told them that I do all that and I wanted to swap for a new one...after about 30 minutes of talking they agreed. They didn't have one like mine in stock but it is coming in 4 to 5 days so we will see.

I hated to force the issue but apps crashing and iOS7 rebooting every day just didn't seem right.

OTHER than that I LOVE my Air. I use it all the time at the office and I read books on it in the evening so the lightness is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    02-19-2014 01:10 PM
    If your 3rd iPad Air starts doing the same thing, it's time to start looking inward. A rogue app that may not be fully compatible with iOS 7, etcetera. I don't have an iPad Air, but my iPhone and iPad Mini are both running iOS 7 without any problems, and I've yet to experience any reboots or shutdown issues. Hopefully, you won't have any more problems when the replacement device arrives.
    02-19-2014 01:37 PM
    I had the same problems. It would crash4-5 times a day. Mine were 95% Low Memory crashes. I installed 7.1 beta 5 (I'm a registered developer) and boom, problem solved. 0 crashes. So if you can just hang in until the 7.1 release, you'll be golden.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-19-2014 01:46 PM
    Looking forward to 7.1. As always wishing it would come out sooner than later....

02-19-2014 06:37 PM
    Ya, just had another crash today. Tired of the reboots. Come on 7.1 hope you fix some things.
    02-23-2014 03:59 PM
    I was able to get a replacement and the crashes continued. Of course, I downloaded 7.1 as soon as I saw it was out. I haven't had a crash yet. I use my iPad all day at the Office doing business work. I will see how it does this weekend when I am doing more person stuff.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums
    03-12-2014 11:25 AM
    I was able to get a replacement and the crashes continued. Of course, I downloaded 7.1 as soon as I saw it was out. I haven't had a crash yet. I use my iPad all day at the Office doing business work. I will see how it does this weekend when I am doing more person stuff.

When I updated to 7.1 beta I had no crashes or resprings but I love my jailbreak so I won't leave it until 7.1 is hacked. But it might be the most annoying thing about the air.
    03-13-2014 08:16 PM

Strange you has the same issue after a new one .. I did have constant safari crashes on my air it was annoying .. None so far on 7.1 so maybe 7.1 fixed a OS bug .. Glad it's working for you now

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    03-14-2014 03:56 AM