Has anyone gotten a generic case from eBay or Amazon they love?
    02-05-2014 08:03 PM
    A lot of people have. I know people that only order their cases from Amazon & eBay. I usually just go to the Apple Store, Best Buy or something because I need instant gratification but there's nothing wrong with ordering from Amazon or eBay.
    02-05-2014 11:55 PM
    I really like the rooCASE Slim Shell Origami Case. I'm not using it much since I got my Apple Smart Case, but it's a great value and offers some unique viewing angles.
    Amazon.com: rooCASE Apple iPad Air Case - Slim Shell Origami Case for Apple iPad 5 Air (5th Gen) Tablet, GRAY (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep): Computers & Accessories
    Last edited by kilen71; 02-06-2014 at 07:43 AM.
    02-06-2014 07:27 AM
    I really like the rooCASE Slim Shell Origami Case. I'm not using it much since I got my Apple Smart Case, but it's a great value and offers some unique viewing angles.
    Amazon.com: rooCASE Apple iPad Air Case - Slim Shell Origami Case for Apple iPad 5 Air (5th Gen) Tablet, GRAY (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep): Computers & Accessories
    That looks nice! I'm not opposed to getting an apple case/cover but I've been reading one of them scratches the iPad. I definitely don't want that!
    02-06-2014 11:21 AM
    That looks nice! I'm not opposed to getting an apple case/cover but I've been reading one of them scratches the iPad. I definitely don't want that!
    Do you like your Apple Smart case?
    02-06-2014 11:21 AM
    Do you like your Apple Smart case?
    I really like the Smart Case a lot. Fits very nice and looks fantastic. I got mine for $30 as an "Open Item" on the Clearance table - not sure if I would have paid the full $80 for one. I think the issue with scratching has more to do with the Smart Cover that magnetically attaches to the iPad, not the Case version.
    02-06-2014 11:38 AM
    I have a Coach leather case, for my rMini, that's just like this one and I LOVE it!!!
    02-06-2014 07:43 PM
    BTW...Welcome to iMore y'all!!!
    kilen71 likes this.
    02-06-2014 07:43 PM
    I got this one for my iPad Mini before the end of the year for a penny, plus $4.99 shipping - $5.00 total, delivered. Very happy with it... I see the price has gone up to just over $10, but with a Prime account, 2-day shipping is free.

Amazon.com: [CORNER PROTECTION] CaseCrown Bold Standby Pro Case (Black) for Apple iPad mini / iPad mini with Retina Display with Sleep/Wake, Hand Grip, Corner Protection, & Multi-Angle Viewing Stand: Computers & Accessories
    02-06-2014 08:05 PM
    I suppose there might be some folks who only buy the cases Apple makes but I never do. I believe I've only had the free bumper that Apple gave us with the iPhone 4.

I buy cases and things sold by major retailers like speck, otterbox, lifeproof, etc but because I switch cases daily on my iPhone and sometimes on my tablets, I have no choice but to buy things off of eBay or Amazon. Apple doesn't remotely come close to having what I like or prefer.

I've had my iPad 3 for however long it's been since it's been out and for the most part I've had a poetic smart case on it; sold only on amazon and their site for what I know. I love those cases.

Where you get a case doesn't make a bit of difference unless it's a knockoff of lifeproof or protective cases of that nature. Don't expect those to work.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    02-06-2014 08:25 PM
    I got this one for my iPad Mini before the end of the year for a penny, plus $4.99 shipping - $5.00 total, delivered. Very happy with it... I see the price has gone up to just over $10, but with a Prime account, 2-day shipping is free.

Amazon.com: [CORNER PROTECTION] CaseCrown Bold Standby Pro Case (Black) for Apple iPad mini / iPad mini with Retina Display with Sleep/Wake, Hand Grip, Corner Protection, & Multi-Angle Viewing Stand: Computers & Accessories
    I saw this one on Amazon. Just wasn't sure how sturdy it was. I like how it covers the corners.
    02-06-2014 08:32 PM
    I saw this one on Amazon. Just wasn't sure how sturdy it was. I like how it covers the corners.
    And it has the magnetic closure that turns off the screen... worth way more than the $5 (total, incl shipping) that I paid for it...
    zanix likes this.
    02-06-2014 08:37 PM
    I suppose there might be some folks who only buy the cases Apple makes but I never do. I believe I've only had the free bumper that Apple gave us with the iPhone 4.

I buy cases and things sold by major retailers like speck, otterbox, lifeproof, etc but because I switch cases daily on my iPhone and sometimes on my tablets, I have no choice but to buy things off of eBay or Amazon. Apple doesn't remotely come close to having what I like or prefer.

I've had my iPad 3 for however long it's been since it's been out and for the most part I've had a poetic smart case on it; sold only on amazon and their site for what I know. I love those cases.

Where you get a case doesn't make a bit of difference unless it's a knockoff of lifeproof or protective cases of that nature. Don't expect those to work.

I was actually going to order the Poetic but wasn't sure as the first few reviews weren't great. Any complaints?
    02-06-2014 08:41 PM
    I have a iPad 2 case by Devicewear that I bought from Amazon.
    It what they call Vegan Leather.
    Smart enabled also.
    http://www.devicewear.com/the-ridge-...-the-ipad-air/
    zanix likes this.
    02-06-2014 08:47 PM
    Any of you use a screen protector? I always put one on my phones but I'm thinking maybe with the iPad I may not need one since the case I get will cover the screen. Thoughts?
    02-06-2014 08:55 PM
    Any of you use a screen protector? I always put one on my phones but I'm thinking maybe with the iPad I may not need one since the case I get will cover the screen. Thoughts?
    I had a screen protector on my first iPhone (iPhone 4) in 2010... and none of my devices since. No problem for phone or iPad.
    zanix likes this.
    02-06-2014 09:00 PM
    I had a screen protector on my iPad 2 for maybe 8 months when I first got it. It started peeling so I took it off and never replaced it. But my screen looks mint after close to 3 years of use. My gf used the hell out of it it from late 2012 to summer 2013 with long nails and not a mark on the screen.
    zanix likes this.
    02-06-2014 09:06 PM
    I had a screen protector on my iPad 2 for maybe 8 months when I first got it. It started peeling so I took it off and never replaced it. But my screen looks mint after close to 3 years of use. My gf used the hell out of it it from late 2012 to summer 2013 with long nails and not a mark on the screen.
    I don't think I will get one. Really didn't want to get one as I'm sick of dealing with them on my iPhone. Thanks!
    02-06-2014 09:10 PM
    I was actually going to order the Poetic but wasn't sure as the first few reviews weren't great. Any complaints?
    No way, none at all! I love their cases. When I get another iPad I'm getting more from them.

The last case I bought I've had on my iPad for about 1.5 years and the magnet still works great, smart function is still working great, no chips/cracks or discoloration at all.

I do but that's for my personal comfort. I'd rather a dirty or smoggy protector instead of my screen. You don't need it unless you're around kids or plan on doing something extreme with your iPad around. Lol

zanix likes this.
    02-07-2014 10:59 AM
    I got the Poetic "smart cover" (full coverage on body plus 3-fold magnetic cover) for my iPad Air and iPad rMini. Spent like...$6/each. They work great. Love 'em. Here is a link to it. Price is less now but appears to be the same:

Amazon.com: Poetic Slimline Case for Apple iPad Air (5th Generation iPad) Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Electronics
    zanix likes this.
    02-07-2014 01:29 PM
    I got the Poetic "smart cover" (full coverage on body plus 3-fold magnetic cover) for my iPad Air and iPad rMini. Spent like...$6/each. They work great. Love 'em. Here is a link to it. Price is less now but appears to be the same:

Amazon.com: Poetic Slimline Case for Apple iPad Air (5th Generation iPad) Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Electronics
    Yes, I ordered mine today! I got navy blue so it was $12.95. Not sure why navy blue is almost twice as much but I just didn't want black.
    02-07-2014 07:21 PM
    I never use a screen protector on my iPads. I don't like the way they look.
    02-12-2014 12:51 AM
    I just ordered a case for my iPad air its a generic smart case for like 15.00 bucks on amazon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    02-12-2014 11:25 AM
    My poetic cover arrived yesterday. Not happy the cover doesn't magnetically stick to the bottom when flipped open. It just hangs there and I have to hold it closed. Most likely going to return it. Anyone know which cover will magnetically stick to the back?
    02-14-2014 09:41 AM
    I just ordered a case for my iPad air its a generic smart case for like 15.00 bucks on amazon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Does the cover magnetically stick to the back when the cover is flipped open?
    02-14-2014 09:58 AM
26 12