On my Windows PC I am used to opening multiple websites by putting them in a Favourites folder and middle-clicking the folder. e.g.
    I have recently bought an iPad Air and use Safari which I quite like.
    However I can't find a way to open multiple websites in one go, i.e. resulting in each website having its own tab.
    Is this possible? Thanks.
    Last edited by iMoreman; 01-25-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    01-25-2014 12:02 PM
    Unless I'm misreading your post, tapping on the last icon in the Safari browser (the one that resembles 2 sheets of paper) will do what you're seeking to do.
    01-25-2014 01:27 PM
    Welcome to iMore, iMoreman, I believe D answered your question just above. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-25-2014 01:52 PM
    Thanks for your replies.
    If you mean the Bookmarks icon then when I click that it just displays my bookmarks.
    In my bookmarks I have a folder which contains several websites which I want to open all at once.
    On my PC (using Firefox) I just middle-click the folder and each website opens in its own tab. This saves having to click on each website individually.
    Is there anything like this in Safari? tia
    01-25-2014 02:17 PM
    Thanks for your replies.
    If you mean the Bookmarks icon then when I click that it just displays my bookmarks.
    In my bookmarks I have a folder which contains several websites which I want to open all at once.
    On my PC (using Firefox) I just middle-click the folder and each website opens in its own tab. This saves having to click on each website individually.
    It's the icon to the right of the bookmark icon. Click and you can open multiple tabs.

01-25-2014 02:55 PM
    Welcome to IMore.
    01-25-2014 03:20 PM
    Thanks for your replies.
    No, there is not.
    01-25-2014 03:29 PM
    It's the icon to the right of the bookmark icon. Click and you can open multiple tabs.
    I'm obviously missing something here. Mine looks like this:
    Attached Thumbnails How to open multiple websites in one go in Safari-ipad.jpg  
    01-25-2014 03:55 PM
    I'm obviously missing something here. Mine looks like this:
    The + sign in the screenshot should allow you to add multiple web pages, all of which will remain open until you close them, however, there is not option to store them as a bookmark in a specific folder and open them all up simultaneously in the manner you're asking.
    01-25-2014 04:02 PM
    The + sign in the screenshot should allow you to add multiple web pages, all of which will remain open until you close them, however, there is not option to store them as a bookmark in a specific folder and open them all up simultaneously in the manner you're asking.
    OK, thanks. The + sign just opens a new tab containing all my favourites.
    I would have thought opening multiple tabs in one click was a fairly common/useful thing to do.
    Every time I start the browser I have a certain number of websites that I always look at.
    With the iPad it looks like I will have to open each one at a time.
    Ah well, I can live with it.
    Thanks again for all your replies.
    01-25-2014 04:30 PM
    Welcome to iMore.
    01-25-2014 05:04 PM
    Welcome to iMore!!
    lovenmybabies4 likes this.
    01-26-2014 07:49 PM
    Welcome to iMore.
    01-26-2014 08:59 PM
    pr1nce, taz323, iOS Gravity and nikkisharif, thanks for the welcome.
    01-27-2014 04:13 AM
    Thanks for your replies.
    Chrome (which uses the exact same rendering engine as Safari on iOS) will allow you to do something like this. Although strangely it doesn't work with favourites, only the "Frequent Sites". If you open your frequent sites, you can tap and hold and choose to open in a new tab. The tab will open in the background, leaving your current screen up. If you try to do this from favourites, it seems to behave a bit differently, similar to how Safari handles favourites.
    01-31-2014 10:22 AM
    Thanks mikeo007.
    I've achieved what I want another way by just adding a link on my website's homepage which sets off a Javascript function that contains several window.open("url");
    Clicking the link opens each website in its own tab.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-31-2014 10:48 AM
    Thanks mikeo007.
    I've achieved what I want another way by just adding a link on my website's homepage which sets off a Javascript function that contains several window.open("url");
    Clicking the link opens each website in its own tab.
    +1 for ingenuity
    01-31-2014 10:51 AM
    I have the same issue.

Is there any other way of doing it as I am no good with Java?

If anyone could do it for me I'll pay too!
    09-23-2014 11:46 AM
    I just made a button that opens all my favorite sites at once on iPhone.
    If you want, I'll make you one, too.
    There's a video of how cool it looks but I can't post the link as I'm a noob here...
    01-21-2015 07:42 PM
    Can you explain to me how to make the button to open multiple websites on an iPad? I'm sure the same as on iPhone. Thanks.
    06-10-2016 03:33 PM
    FWIW:
    I've just updated to iOS 11 and the multiple tabs javascript function no longer works properly.
    It just opens one tab with the first url in the list.
    I've been trying to report it to Apple but have given up after 2 hours in exasperation.
    I sent them the details; they gave me several links to follow for support but ended up in circles so I gave up.
    09-25-2017 05:03 AM
    FWIW: (Sorry if this infringes the rules, delete it if it does)
    I've just installed the latest much-improved Firefox for iPad (at least much improved since the last one I tried!) and clicking the link works just as I want it to.
    Now if Safari would do this I would go back to using Safari (probably! :-) ).
    11-05-2017 10:05 AM
    You could have used Chrome...but that's just preference
    11-05-2017 08:37 PM
    I'm curious how you like Firefox on the iPad? I use Chrome on the iPad and have enjoyed it.
    Darren Elliott likes this.
    11-06-2017 12:59 PM
    When I first bought my iPad 4 years ago I didn't like Safari (I use Firefox on my PC) so I tried several browsers but at the time they weren't that much better than Safari so I stayed with Safari.
    With the soon to be released Firefox 57 (for the desktop) it prompted me to try Firefox again on the iPad and I was pleasantly surprised.
    Quite a few users have recommended Chrome so I think I'll try it again and see if it has improved since I last tried it; I don't like Chrome for desktop but we'll see.
    11-06-2017 01:31 PM
29 12