How to open multiple websites in one go in Safari

iMoreman

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
FWIW:
I've just updated to iOS 11 and the multiple tabs javascript function no longer works properly.
It just opens one tab with the first url in the list.
I've been trying to report it to Apple but have given up after 2 hours in exasperation.
I sent them the details; they gave me several links to follow for support but ended up in circles so I gave up. :(

iMoreman

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
FWIW: (Sorry if this infringes the rules, delete it if it does)
I've just installed the latest much-improved Firefox for iPad (at least much improved since the last one I tried!) and clicking the link works just as I want it to.
Now if Safari would do this I would go back to using Safari (probably! :) ).

iMoreman

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
When I first bought my iPad 4 years ago I didn't like Safari (I use Firefox on my PC) so I tried several browsers but at the time they weren't that much better than Safari so I stayed with Safari.
With the soon to be released Firefox 57 (for the desktop) it prompted me to try Firefox again on the iPad and I was pleasantly surprised.
Quite a few users have recommended Chrome so I think I'll try it again and see if it has improved since I last tried it; I don't like Chrome for desktop but we'll see.

iMoreman

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I've just tried Chrome on my iPad and it's better than before but with one problem.
When I start a session I always have a homepage plus 4 other websites, i.e. 5 tabs in all.
When I close each tab depending on whether I'm using Safari or Firefox it shows one of the other tabs.
But when I use Chrome it always shows my homepage so I have to click on one of the other tabs every time I close a tab. This is a bit frustrating so I don't think I'll be staying with Chrome.

Darren Elliott

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
That's something that exists on the desktop version of chrome and you can chanr it but not sure how to change it on iOS though...ill take a look...and by the way there hasn't been much updated with the safari on iOS... Unless that's because I haven't been able to update to iOS 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2