How to open multiple websites in one go in Safari

iMoreman

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
On my Windows PC I am used to opening multiple websites by putting them in a Favourites folder and middle-clicking the folder. e.g.
I have recently bought an iPad Air and use Safari which I quite like.
However I can't find a way to open multiple websites in one go, i.e. resulting in each website having its own tab.
Is this possible? Thanks.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm misreading your post, tapping on the last icon in the Safari browser (the one that resembles 2 sheets of paper) will do what you're seeking to do.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, iMoreman, I believe D answered your question just above. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iMoreman

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.
If you mean the Bookmarks icon then when I click that it just displays my bookmarks.
In my bookmarks I have a folder which contains several websites which I want to open all at once.
On my PC (using Firefox) I just middle-click the folder and each website opens in its own tab. This saves having to click on each website individually.
Is there anything like this in Safari? tia

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.
If you mean the Bookmarks icon then when I click that it just displays my bookmarks.
In my bookmarks I have a folder which contains several websites which I want to open all at once.
On my PC (using Firefox) I just middle-click the folder and each website opens in its own tab. This saves having to click on each website individually.

It's the icon to the right of the bookmark icon. Click and you can open multiple tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.

No, there is not.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm obviously missing something here. Mine looks like this:

The + sign in the screenshot should allow you to add multiple web pages, all of which will remain open until you close them, however, there is not option to store them as a bookmark in a specific folder and open them all up simultaneously in the manner you're asking.

iMoreman

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The + sign in the screenshot should allow you to add multiple web pages, all of which will remain open until you close them, however, there is not option to store them as a bookmark in a specific folder and open them all up simultaneously in the manner you're asking.
OK, thanks. The + sign just opens a new tab containing all my favourites.
I would have thought opening multiple tabs in one click was a fairly common/useful thing to do.
Every time I start the browser I have a certain number of websites that I always look at.
With the iPad it looks like I will have to open each one at a time.
Ah well, I can live with it.
Thanks again for all your replies.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.

Chrome (which uses the exact same rendering engine as Safari on iOS) will allow you to do something like this. Although strangely it doesn't work with favourites, only the "Frequent Sites". If you open your frequent sites, you can tap and hold and choose to open in a new tab. The tab will open in the background, leaving your current screen up. If you try to do this from favourites, it seems to behave a bit differently, similar to how Safari handles favourites.

iMoreman

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks mikeo007.
I've achieved what I want another way by just adding a link on my website's homepage which sets off a Javascript function that contains several window.open("url");
Clicking the link opens each website in its own tab.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks mikeo007.
I've achieved what I want another way by just adding a link on my website's homepage which sets off a Javascript function that contains several window.open("url");
Clicking the link opens each website in its own tab.

+1 for ingenuity :)

Cunni

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue.

Is there any other way of doing it as I am no good with Java?

If anyone could do it for me I'll pay too!

stetsonsherman

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I just made a button that opens all my favorite sites at once on iPhone.
If you want, I'll make you one, too.
There's a video of how cool it looks but I can't post the link as I'm a noob here...