I would like to buy an iPad air but I really like the idea of touch ID. Is this a feature that is likely to surface on refresh if the iPad air in 2014?
    01-05-2014 02:25 AM
    My guess is yes in the fall sometime
    TheAnalogkid likes this.
    01-05-2014 07:16 AM
    My guess is yes in the fall sometime
    Do you think that this feature is worth waiting for?
    01-05-2014 09:53 AM
    Do you think that this feature is worth waiting for?
    Depends on what device you have now.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    01-05-2014 10:00 AM
    Depends on what device you have now.
    I have a Nexus 7 and a PlayBook.
    01-05-2014 10:01 AM
    Then my opinion would be to get the iPad air now but that's just my opinion.
    01-05-2014 10:07 AM
    My initial reaction is no. I do love it on my iPhone but I also love my air.
    01-05-2014 10:19 AM
    I would like to buy an iPad air but I really like the idea of touch ID. Is this a feature that is likely to surface on refresh if the iPad air in 2014?
    Probably. And I will disable it just like I did on my iPhone 5S.
    Darryl Brian likes this.
    01-05-2014 01:10 PM
    Sell the Nexus 7 and try your best to give away the Playbook. And then use the 80 bucks that you collected from the sale toward an iPad Air.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-05-2014 01:11 PM
    Then my opinion would be to get the iPad air now but that's just my opinion.
    You wouldn't wait for touch ID?
    01-05-2014 04:45 PM
    What don't you like about touch ID?
    01-05-2014 04:46 PM
    Sell the Nexus 7 and try your best to give away the Playbook. And then use the 80 bucks that you collected from the sale toward an iPad Air.
    Fair play on the PlayBook, however, the Nexus 7 is excellent device... Especially when you consider what it cost to buy.

The question is whether to buy now or wait for Touch ID?
    01-05-2014 04:49 PM
    Fair play on the PlayBook, however, the Nexus 7 is excellent device... Especially when you consider what it cost to buy.

The question is whether to buy now or wait for Touch ID?
    Touch ID isn't going to revolutionize your usage. If you were planning to wait for an iPad refresh you might as well wait to see if any hardware improvements other than Touch ID are made. If it doesn't concern you just get the iPad Air now.
    01-05-2014 04:52 PM
    Touch ID isn't going to revolutionize your usage. If you were planning to wait for an iPad refresh you might as well wait to see if any hardware improvements other than Touch ID are made. If it doesn't concern you just get the iPad Air now.
    I would like to be able to share the iPad air with my wife and daughter. I understand that Touch ID will "partition" the iPad air such that we can all be signed into our own twitter, Facebook, etc ?
    01-05-2014 05:30 PM
    I would like to be able to share the iPad air with my wife and daughter. I understand that Touch ID will "partition" the iPad air such that we can all be signed into our own twitter, Facebook, etc ?
    Unless I am completely mistaken I do not believe that you could do that. Touch id just allows the phone to open without using a password or swiping. It can't decipher different users.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-05-2014 05:43 PM
    Unless I am completely mistaken I do not believe that you could do that. Touch id just allows the phone to open without using a password or swiping. It can't decipher different users.
    You're correct.
    01-05-2014 05:59 PM
    You're correct.
    Well, that changes everything! My Nexus allows for different profiles :|
    01-05-2014 06:08 PM
    I ordered an iPad air this evening
    01-05-2014 11:32 PM
    What don't you like about touch ID?
    It's faster to enter my code. And it also does not work all the time. I can't count how many times I have rescanned my fingers.
    TheAnalogkid likes this.
    01-06-2014 04:03 PM
    Works flawlessly for me. Wish my iPad Air had it.
    01-07-2014 05:39 AM
    Works flawlessly for me. Wish my iPad Air had it.
    I'm sure it doesnt work every single time, no matter what, with no thought to repositioning your finger for a proper scan. Every single person I know that has a 5S has to properly align their finger to get it right. And I got tired of doing that. Sure, if I do that it works "flawlessly" but the amount of times I reach for my device and want access right away, having to set my finger just right for that perfect scan got annoying REAL quick.
    01-08-2014 11:42 AM
    I use my wife's iPhone 5S and neither of us have had any issue with the finger print scanner not working. Personally, I love the feature, because having a semi complex Apple ID, it's a pain to enter it every time I download an app etc.

I'd be very happy to have the feature on my tablet.
    01-08-2014 04:59 PM
    If you already have a tablet, I'd wait, it's cool and all but it isn't a big deal. Or you can get the air and sell it when new iPad comes out. I always say I'm going to do this but I never sell my old device or the new device isn't big enough upgrade.

I just went from iPhone 4 to 5s and that's only because my. 4 speaker stopped working. I do also have bberry Z10 as my daily driver so it's not like I was using 3 year old tech the whole time
    TheAnalogkid likes this.
    01-08-2014 06:19 PM
    Totally agree. I tried to like touch id and gave it a fair chance but in the end I just found it annoying that you have to use it every time you wake your screen. I'd rather just turn it off and swipe to unlock. I wish you could set touch id to be used after a period of time, preferably an hour, just like you can with pass code.
    01-08-2014 07:32 PM
    I'm sure it doesnt work every single time, no matter what, with no thought to repositioning your finger for a proper scan. Every single person I know that has a 5S has to properly align their finger to get it right. And I got tired of doing that. Sure, if I do that it works "flawlessly" but the amount of times I reach for my device and want access right away, having to set my finger just right for that perfect scan got annoying REAL quick.
    As I stated. Flawlessly.

I've mapped index finger and thumb on both hands and it's recognition rate is at least 99%. Every once in a while I'm not completely on the button and it tells me it can't read it. My fault for a poor placement, not the technology.

Much MUCH faster and more convenient than entering my 6 character passcode.
    01-08-2014 09:37 PM
38 12