If you already have a tablet, I'd wait, it's cool and all but it isn't a big deal. Or you can get the air and sell it when new iPad comes out. I always say I'm going to do this but I never sell my old device or the new device isn't big enough upgrade.

I just went from iPhone 4 to 5s and that's only because my. 4 speaker stopped working. I do also have bberry Z10 as my daily driver so it's not like I was using 3 year old tech the whole time
    I went and ordered the iPad air . Seemed like the touch ID wasn't a deal breaker.

You say you have a Z10 and an 5s. Is one of them a corporate phone? Which do you prefer?
    01-09-2014 11:54 PM
    I went and ordered the iPad air . Seemed like the touch ID wasn't a deal breaker.

You say you have a Z10 and an 5s. Is one of them a corporate phone? Which do you prefer?
    Yes, but both now get my business email on them. The 5s is attached to my corporate phone number and z10 to my personal. I like them, both to be honest...the z10 much better for cranking out emails, dealing with excel, word, ppt docs and such... For actually doing work hands down z10, also much faster to navigate once you know how to move around, hub is sweet, you actual can really multitask on it. The 5s was simpler to just pick up and use because it's buttons based, and z10 is gestured based (swipe in some direction to do some action). The 5s is great because of sheer number of apps, wellsfargo not on my z10, delta app is better on 5s, ... IOS feels dated compared to bb10, but app maturity on iOS is way ahead but that's expected, iOS been around 7 years bb10, 1 year, it's a completely new ecosystem built. All major apps are on z10 but not as polished as iOS versions.

Short of it I use both devices, and depends what I'm doing at moment in terms off which I prefer, z10 is the daily driver
    01-10-2014 03:02 PM
    Every once in a while I'm not completely on the button and it tells me it can't read it.
    That's not flawless.
    01-11-2014 11:56 AM
    That's not flawless.
    Sure it is.

It's not the iPhone's fault that I didn't put my finger on the button.
    01-11-2014 09:41 PM
    Sure it is.

It's not the iPhone's fault that I didn't put my finger on the button.
    Touch ID on iPad air?-screen-shot-2014-01-11-7.57.29-pm.png

If it were "flawless" it would read your finger every single time. And it doesnt. So nope.

You said it, "Every once in a while I'm not completely on the button and it tells me it can't read it. My fault for a poor placement, not the technology" If it were flawless, as you have come to say, it would read it every time.

And sometimes, when I had Touch ID activated, it WOULD read my finger and let me in with a very half assed read.

Moving on now...
    01-11-2014 11:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 7.57.29 PM.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	45767

If it were "flawless" it would read your finger every single time. And it doesnt. So nope.

You said it, "Every once in a while I'm not completely on the button and it tells me it can't read it. My fault for a poor placement, not the technology" If it were flawless, as you have come to say, it would read it every time.

And sometimes, when I had Touch ID activated, it WOULD read my finger and let me in with a very half assed read.

Moving on now...
    It does read my finger every single time when I place it correctly on the reader.

When I don't place my finger correctly on the reader, it doesn't read the print.

Not hard to understand.
    01-11-2014 11:05 PM
    It does read my finger every single time when I place it correctly on the reader.

When I don't place my finger correctly on the reader, it doesn't read the print.

Not hard to understand.
    Nah. You just fail to understand the meaning of "flawless". I'd say your comprehension skills aren't quite flawless, no? This topic has taken it's toll. Keep on truckin'
    01-12-2014 01:40 AM
    Yes, even though I expected it to be on this past model. That is what I was waiting for.
    01-13-2014 12:34 AM
    I wish it was available for the Air & Mini. So many times I've sat with my finger on the home button wondering why it hasn't unlocked yet and that's just out of habit. It's definitely not a deal breaker though. The Air is a stellar device!
    TheAnalogkid likes this.
    01-13-2014 11:18 PM
    It's faster to enter my code. And it also does not work all the time. I can't count how many times I have rescanned my fingers.
    Never had issues. Plus my exchange account requires a weird pass code on device so pain to enter that.
    01-14-2014 02:59 AM
    I was disappointed that they didn't include this feature on the new air, however after using my air for a few days I realize that it is fine without it. Fast, light and very functional.
    01-16-2014 11:08 AM
    Nah. You just fail to understand the meaning of "flawless". I'd say your comprehension skills aren't quite flawless, no? This topic has taken it's toll. Keep on truckin'
    Sigh.

Though I should just let this drop, I cannot.

Flawless. Works every time I place my digit on the sensor correctly. As it should. As any sane person would expect.

If I don't place my finger or thumb entirely on the sensor, what valid expectation could I possibly have that my fingerprint will be read correctly?

If I hit the Y on my keyboard but I really wanted the T, is it the phone's fault that it printed a Y?

The fingerprint sensor is working flawlessly for me. I'm sorry you have a different experience.
    01-16-2014 08:01 PM
    I wish it was available for the Air & Mini. So many times I've sat with my finger on the home button wondering why it hasn't unlocked yet and that's just out of habit. It's definitely not a deal breaker though. The Air is a stellar device!
    I find myself doing the same thing....then feeling stupid cause it's the 4th or 5th time I've waited for my Air to unlock....today! Slow learner.
    TorrieB likes this.
    01-16-2014 08:02 PM
38 12