First let me say, I'm a proponent of going naked with iPads, iPhones or iPods. With all the work that goes into building a work of art... Why keep it hidden? But with that being said... I do value other people opinions of keeping there devices as protected as possible.

My issue is the iPad Air Cover, I don't see any 3rd party selling it. I see lots of cases that protect the back & front, I rather have a case such as Apple Smart Cover that works as to protect the screen and with the ability to use it as a stand. And I was wondering has anyone seen that around, because I rather not spend $39 for it. But from the looks of it... Might have to.
    12-29-2013 11:39 AM
    First let me say, I'm a proponent of going naked with iPads, iPhones or iPods. With all the work that goes into building a work of art... Why keep it hidden? But with that being said... I do value other people opinions of keeping there devices as protected as possible.

My issue is the iPad Air Cover, I don't see any 3rd party selling it. I see lots of cases that protect the back & front, I rather have a case such as Apple Smart Cover that works as to protect the screen and with the ability to use it as a stand. And I was wondering has anyone seen that around, because I rather not spend $39 for it. But from the looks of it... Might have to.
    I have seen a ton on amazon. Just do a search and I'm sure you will find.
    12-29-2013 01:31 PM
    Ok I stand corrected. I just did a quick search and they all seem to have the back too.
    12-29-2013 01:40 PM
    Ok I stand corrected. I just did a quick search and they all seem to have the back too.
    Yeah, I even tried googling.

I wonder has Apple patented that design. It's kind of weird that it's not even a product that 3rd party case makers interested in selling. I might have to pay the $39 for it, just was hoping if anyone came across one..
    12-29-2013 06:35 PM

So you are saying that you want a smart cover but are too strapped to spend 39.00 dollars?
    12-29-2013 06:50 PM
    So you are saying that you want a smart cover but are too strapped to spend 39.00 dollars?
    Not saying I'm too strapped to spend the $39 for it, just was hoping if there were any alternatives that's all.
    12-30-2013 09:56 AM
    considering how many after market "smart cases" there are on the market- I am shocked that they don't have a non OEM cover only option.
    12-30-2013 02:19 PM
    considering how many after market "smart cases" there are on the market- I am shocked that they don't have a non OEM cover only option.
    Yeah, there's a market for it... I just assumed that Apple perhaps patented the design.

But I picked one up today.. Couldn't really find an alternative..

12-30-2013 05:15 PM
    Yeah, there's a market for it... I just assumed that Apple perhaps patented the design.

But I picked one up today.. Couldn't really find an alternative..

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/31/uzutatyh.jpg
    that's what Apple is all about. Have no regrets brother, Apple provides the best quality possible.
    01-02-2014 09:30 AM
    I got my Product RED Smart Cover yesterday. Love it. I also saw the blue in person and am really tempted as I love that particular shade of blue.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    01-05-2014 12:25 AM