As my delivery date for my ipad air approaches, I am starting to really doubt my color choice.
    I ordered the space gray, but I am really contemplating if I should have gone with the white instead.
    I stopped by my local best buy today and was drawn to the white one instantly.
    However the only thing I dont like...well hate, is the little black border around the screen.
    For some reason I seem to really focus in on it and can't seem to ignore it.
    The rest of the device is just stunning in the white. I have never had a white device and this would be a nice change.

So my question is, does that black border bother you? Do you end up getting used to it?

TIA
    12-05-2013 12:20 PM
    I own the White iPad Air and I don't know what Black border you are speaking of here, I would say it doesn't bother me as I don't notice one. I watch videos all the time on my White Air with no issues at all. This is my second White iPad besides the Mini and I love the White one. If anything, the constant fingerprint smudges on my old Black iPads bothered me more.
    linsiris and Rocket_Girl like this.
    12-05-2013 01:15 PM
    For those with a white ipad air...or any white ipad...-ipad-air-1-.jpg

See the black border between the screen and the start of the bezel?
    12-05-2013 01:21 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPad-Air-1-.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	43786

See the black border between the screen and the start of the bezel?
    That small thing? Nope, don't notice it at all. Btw, I don't notice it on my White iPhone 5S either, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5S.
    12-05-2013 01:38 PM
    I only buy white iPads. That border doesn't bother me one bit.
    kimc5555 likes this.
    12-05-2013 01:42 PM
    Have the white iPad and iPhone, hasn't bothered me at all. Don't even notice it
    Last edited by taz323; 12-06-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    kimc5555 likes this.
    12-05-2013 02:39 PM
    White iPad here and to be honest I didn't notice the black around the screen until you pointed it out...jk...lol

Once you focus on the app(s) you are using, you will not notice the black anymore.
    12-05-2013 04:18 PM
    I have a white iPad mini. When I was buying it I went to the store and looked at both colours and he white just stood out more. It was stunning. I don't notice the border when I'm watching videos. I am biased towards white devices though, I have a white samsung galaxy s4, white iPod touch and a white samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1.
    12-05-2013 04:25 PM
    I prefer white iPads and black iPhones.....the black iPhone gives a feeling of a bigger screen, the white iPad just looks better to me. I too hadn't even noticed the black border you mention, and turning my display on to look, although I see it now, I still don't notice it!

You should be happy with your choice, so just swap it out if you decide that white is right.
    12-05-2013 05:27 PM
    I love my white iPad Air and although I can see the black border you speak of, it doesn't bother me one bit.
    12-05-2013 06:14 PM
    I have a white iPhone 5s and had a white iPad 2.

Never noticed that black border before, but now I'm seeing it when I look at my phone. Thanks!

But yeah, I don't think it's a big deal for anyone, once they get used to their iPad...
    12-06-2013 02:33 AM
    I asked my husband the same thing...and he said he's never noticed it before, and now he can't NOT notice it ...sorry!
    12-06-2013 08:36 AM
    its prob bc of that angled picture

can't notice it in person
    12-06-2013 12:38 PM
    I didn't bother me when I had a white iPad and iPhone. Now I have the space grey iPhone and iPad Air. Either color choice is cool. I went with the space grey iPhone this time because I wanted the black leather Apple case to go with it and thought it looked better with the space grey. Same with the iPad Air. I wanted the black Smart Cover and thought it looked better with the space grey.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    12-06-2013 12:50 PM
    As my delivery date for my ipad air approaches, I am starting to really doubt my color choice.
    I ordered the space gray, but I am really contemplating if I should have gone with the white instead.
    I stopped by my local best buy today and was drawn to the white one instantly.
    However the only thing I don’t like...well hate, is the little black border around the screen.
    For some reason I seem to really focus in on it and can't seem to ignore it.
    The rest of the device is just stunning in the white. I have never had a white device and this would be a nice change.

So my question is, does that black border bother you? Do you end up getting used to it?

TIA
    I have a white iPad Mini, and the black border doesn't bother me one bit.
    12-06-2013 12:55 PM
    I asked my husband the same thing...and he said he's never noticed it before, and now he can't NOT notice it ...sorry!
    That is odd. I still don't notice it even after viewing the picture that you posted. Sounds like you already have your mind made up with the Black one, which is also a good choice. I'll take the non noticeable Black border VS the smudges on the Black model any day, though.
    12-06-2013 06:22 PM
    Never notice the black border until ya pointed it out.
    I am good with it 👍
    12-06-2013 06:49 PM
    I'll never buy another white iPad, laying in bed and watching a movie is great on the darker colored ones. On the white ones, I find it too much of a distraction and it just stands out too much. If you notice the border now on the white, you likely made a good choice in the space gray because it gets worse over use in how often you notice it and start to hate it. That said though, it doesn't bother most people unless it's specifically pointed out to them.
    Last edited by Chris Parsons; 12-06-2013 at 07:50 PM.
    12-06-2013 06:57 PM
    I've owned white iPads and can say that that little black border hasn't seemed to be an issue for me. Although I was drawn to the space gray 5s, I don't feel the same pull with the space gray Air or Mini. I find that the white iPad gives the illusion of a brighter screen. That comes in handy when surfing the web browser or reading any text against a white background. But if a seamless viewing experience is what you're after, you'd likely prefer the space gray.
    12-06-2013 07:31 PM
    I currently have a black mini and when I ordered the mini retina (since returned) I ordered the white. When watching a movie on the white one I really noticed the letter boxing so much more. With my black mini it just blends in with the border and disappears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-06-2013 07:51 PM
    My iPad Air is my second white iPad after my 3rd generation one. I also never noticed any black borders until I read this thread. I originally went in to buy the space gray Air, but white was the only color that was in stock at the AT&T store.
    12-06-2013 10:08 PM
    I got a white one also and never noticed this and I had only black ones before. White was only color they had when I went also.
    12-06-2013 10:31 PM
    I've owned white iPads and can say that that little black border hasn't seemed to be an issue for me. Although I was drawn to the space gray 5s, I don't feel the same pull with the space gray Air or Mini. I find that the white iPad gives the illusion of a brighter screen. That comes in handy when surfing the web browser or reading any text against a white background. But if a seamless viewing experience is what you're after, you'd likely prefer the space gray.
    Agree with this. For reading, white is nice. For watching movies, black wins. I'm more of a reader than a watcher, so I prefer white. The line you describe has the sensation of dimension for me rather than color. I don't notice it at all.
    12-07-2013 04:56 PM
    My iPad 2 is white, and to some degree it bothered me, especially when watching a video, or web surfing in the dark because I'd always see the white bezel regardless of what I'm doing. I recently got an iPad mini w/ retina in black and I find that I look at the screen a lot more and not the bezel.

So for me, the black would be my choice.
    12-07-2013 05:03 PM
    I have a white/silver mini, the silver back case is the natural color of anodized aluminum, without paint coating over it. It got scratches easily as I noticed with mine.
    I now have iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 128 GB and iPad miniR 128 GB, all in Space/Grey with Apple black leather cases.
    I prefer Space/Grey color because It gives cleaner display area and less deflection from the black bezel.
    12-07-2013 10:26 PM
32 12