Did you get AppleCare?

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I always contemplate getting AppleCare when they ask me but I generally say no, I haven't had any issues as of yet but what about you all? AppleCare all teh things or skip it?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I always get Apple Care Plus on all of my iDevices including my new iPad Air. Although I've never had to use it thus far, it's nice to have for that unforeseen accident. Because I only keep my Devices for one year I end up calling in and getting a prorated refund from Apple just before I sell them. This brings the final cost of Apple Care Plus down to $50/year which is well worth it to "me".

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
AppleCare is basically an insurance decision -- do you pay nothing and risk paying 300 when the break happens, or do you pay 99 up front so that you only pay 79 when the break comes?

If Apple didn't offer out of warranty replacement for that reduced cost, then buying AppleCare+ would be a no-brained. But they do, so it's just a bet on how clumsy you expect to be.

I expect to be clumsy, so I bought it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes and you can call and get the prorated refund if you sell your device. Just got the check in the mail yesterday from selling my 1st gen mini.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes and you can call and get the prorated refund if you sell your device. Just got the check in the mail yesterday from selling my 1st gen mini.
I wasn't aware that Apple gave out checks for this. For me they have always credited the card that I used when placing my order for Apple Care Plus.

adamgbiggs

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Iv never had AppleCare+ on any of my iPhones, iv never dropped a phone yet (I used to be a Mobile Phone Engineer too) so I see no need to get AppleCare+ for my Air, and I hope I will never need it.

Adam.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I use to get electronics insurance back in the day does anyone remember Lechmere use to be the best buy of its day it sold in store repair insurance at a decent price but your stuff always broke right after the policy ran out

Sent from my iPhone 5

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Never got Applecare in my life, but neither did I ever spoil any Apple devices I ever had in my life. I'm lucky that way.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
For me it's a must! For 99 bucks you get 2 accidentals and anything hardware/ software related free replacement. And I get a new iphone yearly so I get a refund of usually 50 bucks. Just nice to have IMO.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I bought Apple Care for the iPad Air that I bought for my wife using ATT Next at the ATT store and I also bought it for the iPad rMini that I paid cash for when ordering it using the Apple Store app.
With AppleCare, it will only cost $49 to replace either one of those devices but with the ATT insurance the cost is $199 to replace either of those devices. I am super careful with my device but my wife not so much. And another reason that I purchase Apple care is on a few occasions over the years I have needed technical help from Apple and because my warranty was over they would not talk to me without a credit card first. I have three iPhone 5s in my family that do not have AppleCare. I do have the AT&T insurance on all three of those and yesterday, from what I understand, one of them landed in a commode. This is the second dousing for this particular phone hopefully the hairdryer will get it working again this time too. If not the AT&T insurance will cover it but be will be much more expensive than AppleCare would've been.
I realize that belt holsters are not cool when it comes to carrying electronics, but back pockets aren't the best way to carry them either 😏. I will buy Apple care on all future devices.
I almost never buy warrantees when they're presented to me at purchase time when buying anything else in a store or online. Obviously my only exception is for Apple products because I'm so heavily invested in them and won't live without them.

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I never buy extended warranties, not even for my car.

I only bought Apple Care for my Late 2012 27" iMac 3TB Fusion because our last three iMac's failed or had issues with the HDD.

got berry

May 28, 2012
Visit site
For me AppleCare for my iPad air is a no brainer. I have never had a problem losing my devices, so I don't need the carrier insurance, but with 4 kids it only takes 1 drop to make it completely worth it. I have a friend that is on their 3 iPad mini in less than a year. They finally bought AppleCare on the last one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR