Could my app crashes be related to RAM on my iPad Air?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Many of you have gone out and purchased the new iPad Air. A majority of you are quite pleased with your new toy whereas others are displeased - not by the device it self, but because their apps keep crashing. It's quite understandable, and many have asked the question, "could my app crashed be related to RAM? The quick answer is, "Yes, it could be". Yet, it could be other things to. For instance, if you set up your shiny new iPad Air with a backup of your previous iOS device, there's a chance that something became corrupted. It does happen on occasion. That is why I always recommend that you set up a new device as new, whenever possible. I do understand that a great deal of people have never run into problems restoring a backup of a previous device onto a new device, and that great, however, a lot of people have, and those are the people I'm focusing on here...:)....Anyway, feel free to chime in and share your experience and offer your answer to the above listed thread question. We'd love to hear from you...:)

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I will receive mine tomorrow and give an update.

But do you have a particular app crashing, like a recurrent one?
I have some apps crashing on my iPhone, sometimes... I guess they're just bugged themselves and it has nothing to do with memory.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I read about the RAM theory on MR and am not buying it. My old Mini had less Ram than that and never had a crash issue. I still believe the crash issue is related to the new 64 bit processor not playing nice with iOS 7. So far though, the last crash that I had while using Safari was on the 16th. I also want to add that Safari was also crashing on my iPhone 5S which also has the new 64 bit processor.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I assume that all of this will be fixed in the near future with an iOS update. In the meantime, because the iPad Air is so fast, it picks up so quickly from where it left off after a crash it isn't the end of the world.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I assume that all of this will be fixed in the near future with an iOS update. In the meantime, because the iPad Air is so fast, it picks up so quickly from where it left off after a crash it isn't the end of the world.

It does not always pick up from where it left off. Unfortunately, many of the Safari crashes have taken me back to the start page and all of my tabs were closed.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Spoke too soon as Safari just crashed on my iPad Air again! I have no idea what any of this means, but the following is what I am seeing under the crash report.

e3aju5er.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2