Apple Store XP w/iPad Air.

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
So I bring my iPad to the apple store to have it checked for constant crashes and re springs. Another thing it was doing was that the tablet was going to sleep and never waking up. I had to press the home and power buttons simultaneously to get it to turn back on. The agent didn't really hesitate and just opted to replace it. He said my model iPad wasn't in stock (16 GB ATT LTE silver) and that a replacement would be ordered. I was told it would arrive as a replacement unit, not new in box but it would still be brand new as the product has not been out long enough to be available as refurbished model.

Does apple have a separate stock of brand new stuff they use to do warranty replacements? I thought all warranty stuff was replaced with refurbished equipment...does the info the agent gave sound accurate?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello Danny8200 and welcome to the forums! ... Apple does keep separate stock for replacements, if your iPad was one of the just released models you will likely get a brand new unit just from different stock and without Retail Box. Older units may be refurbished however I wouldn't worry as they truly are as good as new.

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My replacement Air came in a brown box, not the usual white boxes the replacements come in. This one is most likely new? It just came out recently so I doubt it's had enough time to have refurbished units.....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2