Safari on my iPad Air keeps crashing; should I ask for a replacement?

saintforlife

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Also more than 50% of the time, when I switch between apps, it reloads, even with jsut 3-4 tabs open and only one or two apps paused in the background. I have set up the iPad Air as a new device and have hardly downloaded 3-4 apps on to it. Also I see lots of low memory and app crash logs in my Diagnostics menu.

So if I go to the genius bar, will they exchange my iPad Air for a new one? Is this a problem with only certain iPads (maybe a HW issue)?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You can try if you want, however, I still think the periodic Safari crash issue is related to iOS 7. That is when the problem started for me and it still happens once in a while on my iPad Air and iPhone 5S as well.

Sent from my iPad Air.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Does it on my Air, 5 and Mini... It's an ios7 thing as Irish Rose mentions... Not an issue with your Air

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
As I typed this my safari crashed. Anyway if you're going to exchange you're better off returning it. I'm on my 4th air and all of them has crashed a lot . I went to the store and they suggested wiping it and starting fresh which I really don't want to do. I also googled it and found that wiping it didn't fix it. So you can stick with it until Apple fixes it or return it.

Also since you have no apps I'm Assuming you started fresh already so yup blame ios 7

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Safari crashes on both my iPad Air and iPhone 5S on 1 web site only. This same site has caused Safari on my iMac running Mavericks to crash also.
As stated above it may be a Safari issue or a web site problem like my case. BTW Safari in my iMac crashes quite a lot and much worse than IOS 7.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I don't think replacing it will help you. I setup my Air as new and safari still crashes at least 3-4x a day even on normal sites like boston.com. Every 2 days safari or music app will cause a reboot to the apple logo. It's ios 7. I hate to say it but with ver 7 iOS is more crash prone than windows 3.x. Can you imagine if your desktop browser crashed with the frequency of safari? Wouldn't be able to get any work done. I somewhat regret selling off my reliable ipad 2 but I hope these issues will be fixed by 7.2 or ios 8

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As I typed this my safari crashed. Anyway if you're going to exchange you're better off returning it. I'm on my 4th air and all of them has crashed a lot . I went to the store and they suggested wiping it and starting fresh which I really don't want to do. I also googled it and found that wiping it didn't fix it. So you can stick with it until Apple fixes it or return it.

Also since you have no apps I'm Assuming you started fresh already so yup blame ios 7

I think you are right and plan on just returning my iPad Air altogether if the crashing does not stop. Not only is Safari crashing for me, but Facebook is now doing it too. It really is annoying at this point. While I still think it is a software problem, I have no intention of keeping it past the return period if an update that fixes this doesn't come out soon.

Sent from my iPad Air.

DesignByAdrian

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Your problem is related to iOS7 which has lots of memory bugs compared to iOS6.

You can either return your device and buy an Android or wait until iOS7.1 which might fix the bugs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2