iPad Air's are all the same?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Quick question before I venture out to get my GF her early birthday present...

I own a T-Mobile iPad Air 32GB.

I want to get the GF one too but my local Apple store does not have the 32GB T-Mobile in stock. They DO have the AT&T version. With that said, I have about 4-5 T-Mobile nano SIMs laying around. If I buy the AT&T and swap out the SIM with the T-Mobile card, is it the EXACT same as the AT&T? No difference in bands, etc. correct?

Thanks guys. I want to make sure I am getting the right thing.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
It will work, the iPad air has support for 14 bands of LTE also if you use a T-Mobile sim you get 200 Megs of free data a month, it's a great deal for a light user.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
It will work, the iPad air has support for 14 bands of LTE also if you use a T-Mobile sim you get 200 Megs of free data a month, it's a great deal for a light user.

Thank you. I have the free data on my air and I think it's great. Glad to hear Apple made this a bit easier!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
D

Deleted member 233079

Is the SIM card used already or a new one? It must be a new one otherwise you will not get the free 200mg of data. Another option is getting the AT&T one and paying T-Mobile $10 for a new nano-sim.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Is the SIM card used already or a new one? It must be a new one otherwise you will not get the free 200mg of data. Another option is getting the AT&T one and paying T-Mobile $10 for a new nano-sim.

They are all new ones. I bought 5 iPhone 5's prior to the 5S release. They all came with SIM cards that I never used so I just stored them. I picked one up (iPad Air) today and everything works great. Took out the AT&T SIM and threw in a T-Mobile one. She's been on it all day :D

D

Deleted member 233079

They are all new ones. I bought 5 iPhone 5's prior to the 5S release. They all came with SIM cards that I never used so I just stored them. I picked one up (iPad Air) today and everything works great. Took out the AT&T SIM and threw in a T-Mobile one. She's been on it all day :D

Should be good then. I had one and got my plan switched to post-paid. When I switched back to prepaid, I lost my 200mb. So I had to get a new SIM card. I just ended up exchanging my iPad for a new one anyway.