iPad Air rebooting?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My iPad air has rebooted several times. It has happened when opening my web browser or just a application. Anybody else have this happen to them?

mike1515

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
What is a re spring? Mine has rebooted to when I open safari or a app. I have the iPad air 128gb tmobile version.

Sent from my SM-N900V using iMore Forums mobile app

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
What is a re spring? Mine has rebooted to when I open safari or a app. I have the iPad air 128gb tmobile version.

Sent from my SM-N900V using iMore Forums mobile app

A respring only restarts the SpringBoard without turning the Device off. A reboot turns the Device off completly.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Not happy about mine especially since I have had none on my 5s.

Understandable. One thing to keep in mind that's been pretty well documented that iOS7 didn't appear to be as fully-baked on the iPad as it is on the iPhone. I know that's no consolation and it's not acceptable in a production device, but at least it's an indication that it will likely be fixed in an update soon.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Understandable. One thing to keep in mind that's been pretty well documented that iOS7 didn't appear to be as fully-baked on the iPad as it is on the iPhone. I know that's no consolation and it's not acceptable in a production device, but at least it's an indication that it will likely be fixed in an update soon.

Oh I agree and I hope so. Just odd that some of us it has happened to many times but others not.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Feedly, kayak pro and flipboard cause at least 1 respring per day for me. YouTube (both app and playing in the browser) often results in a full reboot (with apple logo). I set it up as a new iPad too, with nothing restored from backup. Spent half a day configuring everything.

Interestingly my 5s which was restored from backup with tons of legacy data stretching back to the original iPhone is fine. Very stable. Odd since they're both theoretically running the same architecture target.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My iPad air has rebooted several times. It has happened when opening my web browser or just a application. Anybody else have this happen to them?

I haven't had my iPad Air reboot yet, however, Safari does crash every now and then for no reason. Some people think that the rebooting issue has to do with iOS 7 with the 64 bit processor. I have had the reboot issue on my iPhone 5S before which also has a 64 bit processor, so. I do think that could be the cause even though not every iPad Air and 5S is experiencing this issue.

Sent from my iPad Air.

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
"Some people think that the rebooting issue has to do with iOS 7 with the 64 bit processo"

No, I had this happen many, many times on my 32bit iPad 4 before. It's a 7.0.3 issue.

Also, I have had many app crashes on my 1-day old iPad Air today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Considering my wife's Air had zero resprings and I am getting 2 a day, I swapped my Air at Apple. Hopefully this one does better.

P@t

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting the occasional Safari crash and 1 or 2 reboots. It is happening more than my previous iPad mini and other iDevices.
I'm hoping this is software related and not a hardware issue. I have read at other forums that iOS7 is not really fully baked for iPads. My iPhone 5 has had almost zero issues with iOS7 to date.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods