iPad Air rebooting?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If the update didn't fix this for you, I would probably do what Garz did and exchange it while you can still get a new one. I was getting the reboot issue with my 5S, but not at all on my iPad Air. I just think it is strange that the reboot issues only seem to be happening to some people (not all) that have iOS devices running the new 64Bit processor... My old iPhone 5 and iPad Mini never rebooted running the same iOS 7 update.

Good luck and let us know how this works out for you.

My air rebooted I think once maybe twice. Since the last iOS update fingers crossed no issues.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
If the update didn't fix this for you, I would probably do what Garz did and exchange it while you can still get a new one. I was getting the reboot issue with my 5S, but not at all on my iPad Air. I just think it is strange that the reboot issues only seem to be happening to some people (not all) that have iOS devices running the new 64Bit processor... My old iPhone 5 and iPad Mini never rebooted running the same iOS 7 update.

Good luck and let us know how this works out for you.
Even though I want to think that's its software, I haven't had a single reboot or respring in a week on my new Air. Last one, I was getting two a day. Maybe faulty hardware. I also never had a reboot on my first gen iPad mini either.

Thanks IR and Garz, I decided to reset my iPad Air to factory default (again) and set it up taking my time.

So it's either going to be third time lucky or three strikes and you're out. I will give it a week or a crash/reboot whichever happens first.

So keep your collective fingers crossed for me please. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Carlton English

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
My issue had the same symptoms of what would be a respring, going to Apple logo but then back to log in screen, but never shutting down. When I look at the diagnostics it is showing the low memory error. I think people are calling it crashes but it is the respring that was mentioned here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carlton English

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Either way I spoke with support and they had me do a restore, they stated if this didn't work then take it to the store and have them exchange it. I told them it doesn't seem hardware related but an issue with 7.0.4. I will give it a few days after restoring to see if it helps.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting daily resprings from Safari and Feedly. Lots of low memory. To the poster who did the restore - has it resolved the issue? If so, did you restore from a backup or did you reload everything ? When I received my Air, I restored from a backup on iCloud. Also, I'm using a wifi+cellular 64 GB

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting daily resprings from Safari and Feedly. Lots of low memory. To the poster who did the restore - has it resolved the issue? If so, did you restore from a backup or did you reload everything ? When I received my Air, I restored from a backup on iCloud. Also, I'm using a wifi+cellular 64 GB
I did a restore last Tuesday, so far no reboots but I am hesitant in saying that it has resolved the issue 100%, yet. :)

I set it up as new and reloaded every app one at a time, taking my time to ensure that app was set up right. I am using a 32 gb wifi only.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I did a restore last Tuesday, so far no reboots but I am hesitant in saying that it has resolved the issue 100%, yet. :)

Hey Charlyee, I'm glad to hear that your reboot issue may finally be resolved. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way that way for ya.
happy-thumb-up-045.gif

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I had mine replaced recently and Safari and others apps seem to be working just fine now whereas the first iPad would crash often. Not sure but it's very random. I'm using a 16 GB At&T version.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Is there any way to have Apple Support review the diagnostic log to make an objective determination of the cause of these resprings rather than just guessing? I have so many apps (even after doing a clean up) that I am very reluctant to invest the hours required to do a fresh set up as opposed to restoring from backup.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to have Apple Support review the diagnostic log to make an objective determination of the cause of these resprings rather than just guessing? I have so many apps (even after doing a clean up) that I am very reluctant to invest the hours required to do a fresh set up as opposed to restoring from backup.

You can make an appointment with Apple and take your iPad into one of their stores where a Genius can review the Diagnostic log on your iPad and determine if there is a problem with your device.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
First let me preface this by saying my air was setup as a new ipad so there's no crud from a restore. I run a limited set of apps like mail, messages, safari, Facebook, LinkedIn, feedly, calendar, photos, and flipboard. No games.

My Air came with 7.0.3 and was terribly unstable crashing in apps as well as rebooting on a daily basis. When 7.0.4 came out it became a lot more stable with only a few app crashes and no reboots. I was actually able to get one full discharge cycle without a reboot. With no change in my usage all of a sudden it starts crashing and rebooting again. In the last day it's rebooted once, and about 4 apps have crashed, safari can't even open 2 tabs without reloading. I get lowmemory errors in diagnostic even though I manually go thru and prune the list of currently running apps periodically. I never have more than 10 or so apps in the list. I love many aspects of the Air but for the first time I'm contemplating buying back an ipad 2 with ios 6 (that thing was rock solid stable). Do we have until Jan 7 to do a return?

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Well I think that last post just saved me the time and trouble of restoring. Clearly there is an issue. Until we hear from someone who gets a replacement that is more stable, my instincts lead me to believe this is a software issue that will get fixed with a new build of iOS7. The next build is in beta with the developers now. I'll just be patient and trust Apple to make it right.

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My first Air had the common constant Safari crashes and several resprings. It was also not waking up requiring a hard reboot. In trying to isolate the problem, I had it swapped at the Apple store for another one. The replacement also "respringed" once and was also failing to wake up from sleep. I stopped using the Belkin Bluetooth keyboard case, and opted for a Speck Folio case.....not a single Safari crash or respring going on a week now. Anyone seen behavior similar to this? Note that Bluetooth is now off.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2