We bought my wife an iPad Air last night to replace her Mini we recently sold to her sister. She was going to wait for the retina Mini to come out, but with delays on the horizon and her being the impatient type when it comes to tech toys, while on a Christmas shopping trip to the mall yesterday, we ended up in the Apple store and walked out with a new 16GB WiFi/Cellular iPad Air.

Screen is nice, speed is nice, functionality is nice but the speakers...omg...the thing sounds AMAZING! We were watching a couple of movies she had on iTunes and I was just in awe of how good it sounds! The sound has bass and depth that I had never heard on either of our previous iPads!

So far it's been pretty awesome, but the noise this thing makes makes me wish my Macbook Pro and iPhone had the same! Very VERY impressed!

I think the only thing, so far, that has kind of let me down a bit is the camera...it's not bad by any means, but I'm used to the 5S's camera now and it's not even close. It's probably an unfair expectation to have for it, but it is what it is.

11-10-2013 10:38 AM
    Yeah the rear camera is the same one from the iPad 4. The forward facing camera did getting the same updates as the iPhones though.
    11-10-2013 10:46 AM
    Man everything I hear & read makes me want to trade up from my iPad 2.
    Trying resist.
    Tks for the info Sean.
    Good Luck
    11-10-2013 10:49 AM
    My wife loves hers... she’s had it since Tuesday... hardly puts it down... She had an iPad 3 prior to this one... but managed to somehow damage the volume rocker switch... I think I’ve been played.
    11-10-2013 10:54 AM
    I was pretty surprised at the built-in speakers on the Air, myself. Definite improvement from the previous generations.
    JoyfulHeart35 likes this.
    11-10-2013 11:08 AM
    Man everything I hear & read makes me want to trade up from my iPad 2.
    Trying resist.
    Tks for the info Sean.
    Good Luck
    Oh you gotta get one lol. Don't fight it... 😜
    nikkisharif and TurboTiger like this.
    11-10-2013 11:37 AM
    Its amazing how you guys love your wives so much,good men.
    11-10-2013 05:04 PM
    Dude, I know where my "bread" gets buttered.
    11-10-2013 05:34 PM
    Happy wife, happy life.
    11-10-2013 06:50 PM
    Happy wife, happy life.
    Close. At my house it goes like this:

Unhappy wife, unhappy life.
    Happy wife, possibility exists for happy life. No guarantee.
    11-10-2013 06:52 PM
    Lol
    11-10-2013 06:56 PM
    Now I want to see the stereo speakers positioned not just on the bottom, but on both sides of the tablet like Nexus 7 is. I would be in total heaven when that happens.
    11-10-2013 07:11 PM
    Can't wait! My husband ordered one for me and it arrives tomorrow. So excited I can hardly stand it. I see myself spending a lot of time staring out the window waiting for the delivery truck - lol!
    Speedygi likes this.
    11-10-2013 07:54 PM
    Been listening to tunes all day on the Air while doing some work on the computer... the sounds is pretty AMAZING for such small speakers!!!
    11-10-2013 07:56 PM
    All these wife's getting new toys I kind of wish mine even gave two craps about technology lol I'm the one who is all about the latest. She is content with her mini that I had engraved last year. She wanted it because it can fit in her coach purse haaha ..
    I picked up the air a couple nights ago after almost determined to not upgrade from my ipad 4.
    I offered her my ipad 4 and she was like nah just sell it.
    I think I'll be buying her a new coach purse to even it out lol
    11-10-2013 09:15 PM
    All these wife's getting new toys I kind of wish mine even gave two craps about technology lol I'm the one who is all about the latest. She is content with her mini that I had engraved last year. She wanted it because it can fit in her coach purse haaha ..
    I picked up the air a couple nights ago after almost determined to not upgrade from my ipad 4.
    I offered her my ipad 4 and she was like nah just sell it.
    I think I'll be buying her a new coach purse to even it out lol
    In my house the rolls are reversed. Except this time- he wanted the air too! Made my upgrade that much easier.
    11-10-2013 09:48 PM
    In my house the rolls are reversed. Except this time- he wanted the air too! Made my upgrade that much easier.
    Ya she's always not really cared that much .. She calls me a nerd and asks me to fix or show her things that's about it lol
    11-10-2013 09:50 PM
    Ya she's always not really cared that much .. She calls me a nerd and asks me to fix or show her things that's about it lol
    I can definitely relate, Peligro... she’s the perfect Apple user - "just make it work"... and that’s my job. Her damaging her iPad 3 was purely coincidence, as she wasn’t even aware that there was a new iPad coming out... but she’s used to me buying the new stuff... this time she just happened to reap the benefit.
    11-10-2013 09:56 PM
    Happy wife, happy life.
    Amen to that Sean.
    Good Luck
    11-10-2013 10:10 PM
    Rolls are reversed in my house too. I get the newest iPhone each year and pass my old one to him and he rolls his eyes at my iPad purchases. But I have to tolerate his WoW addiction.
    TiredOfPhoneWar likes this.
    11-10-2013 10:23 PM
    My wife is as much a tech junky as I am...so it tends to get expensive, lol. She is actually kind of hesitant to say she fully loves this iPad Air though, saying that it doesn't fit in her purse anymore (but it does fit in her InCase bag)...she said that when the Mini Retina comes out, she wants to take a look at it.
    11-10-2013 11:06 PM
    After seeing the air how can anyone say Apple is going down lol. Things are about to get better!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-11-2013 01:53 AM
    Hahaaha! Best post ever right there.
    11-11-2013 11:50 AM
    After seeing the air how can anyone say Apple is going down lol. Things are about to get better!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too many stock watchers. Smh
    11-11-2013 11:50 AM
    Hmmm this just may convince me to upgrade my 3!
    11-11-2013 04:18 PM
54 123