Picked up an Air last night for my wife...sound quality is INCREDIBLE!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We bought my wife an iPad Air last night to replace her Mini we recently sold to her sister. She was going to wait for the retina Mini to come out, but with delays on the horizon and her being the impatient type when it comes to tech toys, while on a Christmas shopping trip to the mall yesterday, we ended up in the Apple store and walked out with a new 16GB WiFi/Cellular iPad Air.

Screen is nice, speed is nice, functionality is nice but the speakers...omg...the thing sounds AMAZING! We were watching a couple of movies she had on iTunes and I was just in awe of how good it sounds! The sound has bass and depth that I had never heard on either of our previous iPads!

So far it's been pretty awesome, but the noise this thing makes makes me wish my Macbook Pro and iPhone had the same! Very VERY impressed!

I think the only thing, so far, that has kind of let me down a bit is the camera...it's not bad by any means, but I'm used to the 5S's camera now and it's not even close. It's probably an unfair expectation to have for it, but it is what it is.

XibTnIk.jpg

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Man everything I hear & read makes me want to trade up from my iPad 2.
Trying resist.
Tks for the info Sean.
Good Luck

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My wife loves hers... she’s had it since Tuesday... hardly puts it down... She had an iPad 3 prior to this one... but managed to somehow damage the volume rocker switch... I think I’ve been played. :)

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty surprised at the built-in speakers on the Air, myself. Definite improvement from the previous generations.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Now I want to see the stereo speakers positioned not just on the bottom, but on both sides of the tablet like Nexus 7 is. I would be in total heaven when that happens.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait! My husband ordered one for me and it arrives tomorrow. So excited I can hardly stand it. I see myself spending a lot of time staring out the window waiting for the delivery truck - lol!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Been listening to tunes all day on the Air while doing some work on the computer... the sounds is pretty AMAZING for such small speakers!!!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
All these wife's getting new toys I kind of wish mine even gave two craps about technology lol I'm the one who is all about the latest. She is content with her mini that I had engraved last year. She wanted it because it can fit in her coach purse haaha ..
I picked up the air a couple nights ago after almost determined to not upgrade from my ipad 4.
I offered her my ipad 4 and she was like nah just sell it.
I think I'll be buying her a new coach purse to even it out lol

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
All these wife's getting new toys I kind of wish mine even gave two craps about technology lol I'm the one who is all about the latest. She is content with her mini that I had engraved last year. She wanted it because it can fit in her coach purse haaha ..
I picked up the air a couple nights ago after almost determined to not upgrade from my ipad 4.
I offered her my ipad 4 and she was like nah just sell it.
I think I'll be buying her a new coach purse to even it out lol

In my house the rolls are reversed. Except this time- he wanted the air too! Made my upgrade that much easier.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ya she's always not really cared that much .. She calls me a nerd and asks me to fix or show her things that's about it lol

I can definitely relate, Peligro... she’s the perfect Apple user - "just make it work"... and that’s my job. Her damaging her iPad 3 was purely coincidence, as she wasn’t even aware that there was a new iPad coming out... but she’s used to me buying the new stuff... this time she just happened to reap the benefit.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife is as much a tech junky as I am...so it tends to get expensive, lol. She is actually kind of hesitant to say she fully loves this iPad Air though, saying that it doesn't fit in her purse anymore (but it does fit in her InCase bag)...she said that when the Mini Retina comes out, she wants to take a look at it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox