I just recently bought my iPad Air, and was streaming some music to my Apple TV from it, while reading the forums. It appears that every couple of minutes the iPad just completely loses connection to Apple TV through Airplay, requiring me to reconnect. My iPhone 5s does not do this, nor did my iPad 3. Is anybody else having these problems? Or is it just an isolated case?
    11-05-2013 11:45 PM
    Streaming music that was stored stored on the iPad or streaming from an external source through the iPad to AppleTV?

Could also be an issue with your wifi hotspot/router too...
    11-06-2013 10:54 AM
    I just recently bought my iPad Air, and was streaming some music to my Apple TV from it, while reading the forums. It appears that every couple of minutes the iPad just completely loses connection to Apple TV through Airplay, requiring me to reconnect. My iPhone 5s does not do this, nor did my iPad 3. Is anybody else having these problems? Or is it just an isolated case?
    I experience connecticity issues all the time on my iPhone 5S/Air with my Apple TV. I also experienced the same issues on my iPhone 5/iPad 4. This is my 3rd Apple TV. It has never really worked the way it should. Hope the next gen is better.
    11-06-2013 11:55 AM
    I experience connecticity issues all the time on my iPhone 5S/Air with my Apple TV. I also experienced the same issues on my iPhone 5/iPad 4. This is my 3rd Apple TV. It has never really worked the way it should. Hope the next gen is better.
    For those of us who aren't having connectivity issues, the current generation of Apple TVs are great. I wish I knew the cause of the connectivity issues you and others are having, but I don't, and it irks the heck out of me because, in my mind, if I'm not having connectivity issues, neither should you....
    11-06-2013 01:12 PM
    Is the iPad locking it's screen when it happens? Only issue I've had is streaming with Youtube. Sometimes it has an error and stops keeping the screen on. Screen goes off, streaming shuts down.
    11-06-2013 04:51 PM
    Streaming music that was stored stored on the iPad or streaming from an external source through the iPad to AppleTV?

Could also be an issue with your wifi hotspot/router too...
    I was going to mention that, but I spaced it off, it's music directly stored on the iPad. My router is a brand new 2TB Time Capsule, so I sort of ruled out the possibility of it being the router (but still possible!).
    11-06-2013 09:43 PM
    Is your AppleTV up to date with the latest firmware? That's something to check...
    11-06-2013 10:11 PM
    Is your AppleTV up to date with the latest firmware? That's something to check...
    It's up to date
    11-07-2013 10:52 AM
    I was going to mention that, but I spaced it off, it's music directly stored on the iPad. My router is a brand new 2TB Time Capsule, so I sort of ruled out the possibility of it being the router (but still possible!).
    Is the iPad timing out the screen on you? Or is it staying on? If it's turning off the screen, try force closing the music app and then retrying and see what happens.

On my side, I've not streamed music, but I've streamed videos from the iPad with no problems. And as mentioned earlier, I've streamed youtube videos with no issues (other than the power down issue when the youtube app crashes).
    11-07-2013 12:27 PM
    Why not use HomeShare and play the music from your iTunes library on the AppleTV directly and leave the iPad out of the equation all together? That is possible...
    11-07-2013 12:47 PM
    I was testing it out today with my iPad Air and didn't experience any issues while watching a tv show.
    11-07-2013 08:39 PM