Any Ipad Air owners returning it for the Ipad Mini with retina?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I left to the mini last year do to my iPad 3 weighed like a brick. Now that the Air is so light, no more mini for me. The Air it is.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
With the air being so light no need for the mini IMO. I has the original mini and the air doesn't feel much different I like the screen real estate on the air better.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
For me landscape typing on the keyboard is so much better on the larger iPad screens, after owning the Mini I personally couldn't go back to the smaller form factor.

dolomatt

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
One thing to consider is how small things will look on the new mini. Correct me if I'm wrong but since the resolution is going up that means things will get smaller. Web pages will be more cramped.

Jerry_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
While the mini is what suits best for my wife (this is not negative ;) !) and the usage she is having with the iPad, I will require to have the larger screen for my type of usage.

While, luckily, the weight is being reduced on the iPad Air (and everybody is going to appreciate) the issue is mostly about screensize - and there persons already owning a previous version of the iPad, but also others - should have made up their mind before buying either the mini or the air.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I purchased mine from Best Buy which I am an elite plus member which means I get 30 day return policy.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
As an Elite Plus member we get 45 days. :)

I bought mine from BB as well and verified at that time, although I have no intention of returning it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

venturin88

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Picked up and Air on Friday but decided to take it back yesterday and wait for the Retina Mini. I liked the Air but it's still a two handed device for the most part. I want something more portable and easily held with one hand. If it needs two hands or I have to prop it on something I'd rather just reach for my 13" MBP.

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and it's too close between the two, Mini Retina.

The Air is so comfortable to use, I can't believe the difference compared to the iPad 2. This is a keeper.

I will probably just buy the Mini next year. 2013 has been a very expensive year for me.

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just moved from the ipad mini to the air, having moved from the 4 to the mini about 6 months ago. For me, the Air is what the ipad should have been all along, and the new mini is what the mini should have been from day. I won't be moving to the mini because the air is light enough for me to carry around and use one handed. But I do like the new mini!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
So I'm on the fence whether I want the new ipad air, or the ipad mini with retina display. I like the portability of the mini and how it's easier to read books on it...due to the size. Has anyone purchased an ipad air, and have decided to return it for the mini? Just curious.

Nope. I will say that the screen looks great but it is still too small! My coworker picked one up as an upgrade to his original mini. Speed was a nice boost and again the screen is night and day but not for me. My coworker is an avid book reader and thats all he really does so the mini is great for him!

arumbaya

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've received my Retina Mini today.however I'm returning it back tomorrow to get the Air.
it's just that I found myself pinch zooming too many times.the screen is a little too small to read comfortably on ALL websites.
many web pages are compatible with safari's reader function and it makes reading comfortable but many don't have that feature.(or Safari don't think they do).given the expensive price on Retina Mini compared to original Mini and the little weight difference between the Air and Mini,I think I'll be much happier with Air.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Thought that was going to be my plan ( get the Air but then swap for a Mini-R when available). But after I got my Air - no way in hell am I returning it for the Mini-R. The Air is simply too awesome! So thin and light, but with large screen, and a simply amazing one at that. Brilliant, rich, vibrant colors!!

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have pretty much decided I am keeping my Air as well. I have ALWAYS been a Mini person but the Air is the perfect size and weight..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal