Got mine yesterday..seemed to last forever on the original 90% charge it had. Overnight charged it to 100% and got 2.5 hours of use and 3.5 hrs standby time with 88% remaining. Very impressed so far. Had mine at about 35% brightness, was indoors in my room.

Posted via iMore App
    07-24-2014 03:47 PM
    It's getting mail, updating apps, background refresh of app content, etc depending on your settings.
    Karen got the same mini you have or had. Would you say go for the Air since many are having these battery issues or will it work itself out or is it a fluke? The battery that is?

Sent from my iPad Retina using Tapatalk Pro!
    07-26-2014 05:50 PM
    Karen got the same mini you have or had. Would you say go for the Air since many are having these battery issues or will it work itself out or is it a fluke? The battery that is?

I don't have a mini. I've always had full size iPad including now the iPad Air.
    07-26-2014 06:53 PM
    I thought about it after I posted and remembered that you did not and always talked about full size with your kids and all. Sorry bout that.

07-26-2014 06:55 PM
    You would definitely recommend the Air and would you go or did you do WIFI only?

07-26-2014 06:57 PM
    I thought about it after I posted and remembered that you did not and always talked about full size with your kids and all. Sorry bout that.

Np.
    07-26-2014 06:57 PM
    I love the battery life on the iPad Air, and I basically use it as a laptop substitute most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-26-2014 09:40 PM
    I know this is an old thread but wanted to fund out what others are experiencing with charge times (instead of battery life).

I have an Air on T-Mobile & am on carrier data most of the day. Primary used apps are mail (IMAP), Evernote, Dropbox, PDF Scanner, Chrome, and a Day Timer (calendar) type app (syncs with iCloud).

I'm in my 3rd charge since buying it, and while I'm seeing longer usage times, the charge time (compared to my 5s and Mini) takes hours longer.

Thanks...

_-TechnologyTwitt_-
    ------------------------
    08-05-2014 09:32 PM
    I know this is an old thread but wanted to fund out what others are experiencing with charge times (instead of battery life).

I have an Air on T-Mobile & am on carrier data most of the day. Primary used apps are mail (IMAP), Evernote, Dropbox, PDF Scanner, Chrome, and a Day Timer (calendar) type app (syncs with iCloud).

I'm in my 3rd charge since buying it, and while I'm seeing longer usage times, the charge time (compared to my 5s and Mini) takes hours longer.

Thanks...

_-TechnologyTwitt_-
    ------------------------
    I can't comment with specifics other than to say charging my old iPad 3 and the new Air take more than a couple hours to charge completely (if depleted significantly). The battery is just larger than those I find in the iPhone, and even with the 10/12 watt chargers, they still take a long time to charge completely. The Air seems to be better than my 3rd gen iPad, but not significantly enough to put it on par with how long it takes to charge my iP5.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    08-07-2014 09:06 AM
    My iPad Air averages around 3 hours to charge from under 20% to full 100% using the supplied Apple iPad charger.

As far as battery life, I've seen a reduction in life on iOS 8 vs iOS 7. On iOS 7 I was easily getting 14 to 15 hours of usage on a charge. On iOS 8, it has fallen to around 10 hours. I'm at 7 hour 19 minutes of usage now, and 33% battery life remaining.
    10-18-2014 02:50 PM
    My battery life is 4 hours when i use my ipad
    09-17-2015 12:23 PM
    The battery life is better on my iPad Air sice I updated to iOS 9. I can enjoy my tablet now 2-3 more hours!!! In iOS 8.4 the battery lasted for me around 9-10 hours.

With the original charger (12W) and cable my iPad Air charges in 4 hours.
    09-28-2015 11:36 AM
    iPad Air battery life-image.jpg

Bro, I'Ve just bought me a 64gb WiFi only IPad Air. The IOS version is stock, 7.0.3. So, what u think bro? Today, I mainly played a crap load of Games, lol. Mainly Dead trigger and clash of clans.

If I update my firmware to the latest IOS 9, will I get the same results or even better bro? Almost 9 hours of constant gaming isn't too bad at all on IOS 7 :)

The thing is I don't really like the ios 7 interface that much, and I really wanted to upGrade to IOS 9. I'm just worried that if I go to IOS 9, I might get a worse battery life compared to my current ios 7.

Could ya all share me some pictures of your Ipad Airs in IOS 9? How is the battery life for IOS 9?

Thanks All,

SALUTATIONS!!!
    10-27-2015 06:56 AM
    2 years in. Still get 8 to 9 hours.
    11-14-2015 05:14 AM
89 ... 234