Hey guys....I received an iPad Air for Christmas and am totally loving it...except for one issue. I was all set to post a picture of my battery usage once at 5% but the usage went from the actual time of use to these little dashes. Which isn't a huge problem but why did the battery reset before I started charging?

And then...I put my Air on the charger and it seemed to take FOREVER to charge. This is with me using the lightning cable and wall adapter that came in the box. And furthermore...it never really fully charges. It got to 99%...then 100% but still with the lightning bolt next to it. Closed my Smart Cover....checked again...it's back at 99%. I kept I to the charger for about 30 more minutes with the same 99%/100% situation. Has anyone had experience with this or have a fix? I hope someone can read through my ramble and help out. Night night and thanks

Sent from my iPad baby!!!!
    I'm not sure why exactly your battery usage went to dashes. Regarding the 99% battery indicator, that's nothing to worry about because that's common. Even if you keep it on charge for an extra 12 hours, it will still show that its 99% charged. Ignore that, and use it to its full potential.
    TorrieB likes this.
    12-29-2013 06:11 AM
    Hey guys....I received an iPad Air for Christmas and am totally loving it...except for one issue. I was all set to post a picture of my battery usage once at 5% but the usage went from the actual time of use to these little dashes. Which isn't a huge problem but why did the battery reset before I started charging?

And then...I put my Air on the charger and it seemed to take FOREVER to charge. This is with me using the lightning cable and wall adapter that came in the box. And furthermore...it never really fully charges. It got to 99%...then 100% but still with the lightning bolt next to it. Closed my Smart Cover....checked again...it's back at 99%. I kept I to the charger for about 30 more minutes with the same 99%/100% situation. Has anyone had experience with this or have a fix? I hope someone can read through my ramble and help out. Night night and thanks 😁

The iPad air has a large battery. If it's almost empty it will take a whole to charge. That's normal.
    Also the staying at 99% is common and also not something to worry about.
    TorrieB likes this.
    12-29-2013 08:26 AM
    Thanks Karen and nabans...glad to know all is good in my iPad hood lol

12-29-2013 01:52 PM

And then...I put my Air on the charger and it seemed to take FOREVER to charge. This is with me using the lightning cable and wall adapter that came in the box. And furthermore...it never really fully charges. It got to 99%...then 100% but still with the lightning bolt next to it. Closed my Smart Cover....checked again...it's back at 99%. I kept I to the charger for about 30 more minutes with the same 99%/100% situation. Has anyone had experience with this or have a fix? I hope someone can read through my ramble and help out. Night night and thanks 😁

Did you restart the iPad at any point or change a setting that required the iPad to restart? That normally resets the usage and standby indicators. With regards to the percentage alternating between 99% and 100% when on charge is normal.
    12-29-2013 02:13 PM
    Did you restart the iPad at any point or change a setting that required the iPad to restart? That normally resets the usage and standby indicators. With regards to the percentage alternating between 99% and 100% when on charge is normal.
    No, I haven't restarted my iPad since the day I bought it. But I was able to get this screen shot today....battery life is phenomenal with this thing. I'll admit this is. Y first iPad or tablet ever...but still very impressed.

12-30-2013 03:55 PM
    iPad Air battery life-image.jpg

Hi guys, please advice if my battery life is normal or should I get it checked.

I'm a heavy user, mainly for gaming purposes. I've google on tips on saving battery life and off most of those unwanted option and 40% brightness as advised. But my ipad air still won't making it pass 10h, unlike others who posted their ipad usage up to 15-17hrs.
    01-01-2014 09:04 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	271.1 KB 
ID:	45225

Hi guys, please advice if my battery life is normal or should I get it checked.

I'm a heavy user, mainly for gaming purposes. I've google on tips on saving battery life and off most of those unwanted option and 40% brightness as advised. But my ipad air still won't making it pass 10h, unlike others who posted their ipad usage up to 15-17hrs.
    10 hours is the battery life spec given by Apple for the iPad air so there is nothing wrong with your device. And lots of gaming will shorten battery life. If you were primarily browsing the web, using apps that access the web like RSS readers, etc you would probably get more than 10 hours.
    Yong Foo likes this.
    01-01-2014 10:08 AM
    Dear Karen,

thanks for you advice, and another question on battery; how to properly calibrate my ipad battery; as some i read, some would say letting you ipad discharge till self-shut down and then charging to full to calibrate and some say 5% would do; as a full discharge may shorten the battery life.

previously i've issues with my battery dropping fast and a quick reset (home+power button) restore the battery life back to 100% (dropped to 96% before). since then i've always being worry that my ipad may suffer from a bad default battery.
    Last edited by Yong Foo; 01-01-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    01-01-2014 10:42 AM
    Dear Karen,

thanks for you advice, and another question on battery; how to properly calibrate my ipad battery; as some i read, some would say letting you ipad discharge till self-shut down and then charging to full to calibrate and some say 5% would do; as a full discharge may shorten the battery life.
    It doesn't really matter. Calibrating the battery doesn't change your battery life it just helps the software accurately report how much battery you have left.
    01-01-2014 10:47 AM
    This is what I got on my last full charge. I just got my iPad for Christmas so it's not even broken in yet. For me it's exactly the same as the iPad 4! Which I'm somewhat surprised considering this thing has a smaller battery.

iPad Air battery life-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1388606366.512322.jpg

This is what I'm at this time around, I did a lot more media viewing on this cycle. Still excellent

iPad Air battery life-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1388606478.230375.jpg

Funny how apple underrates the iPad but always overrates the iPhone! I never get anywhere near rated battery life on my 5. iPad OTOH is always over their ratings.
    Also one interesting tidbit, on the cellular versions I noticed battery life is actually better with cellular ON then with it turned off and in wifi only mode. Does anyone else notice that?
    01-01-2014 03:04 PM
    hi all,

I've notice that leaving my ipad air overnight (lid close, approx 7hrs), my ipad air dropped 1% and usage up by 23mins and as soon as i open some apps and others, it dropped another 1%. anyone else having the same?
    01-03-2014 07:18 PM
    hi all,

I've notice that leaving my ipad air overnight (lid close, approx 7hrs), my ipad air dropped 1% and usage up by 23mins and as soon as i open some apps and others, it dropped another 1%. anyone else having the same?
    It's getting mail, updating apps, background refresh of app content, etc depending on your settings.
    01-03-2014 07:51 PM
    I have had my iPad Air for a little over two weeks (this is my first iPad!). I am not seeing the incredible battery life span as some of you. Should I go to Apple?

Thanks!
    Kim
    Update:

I took the advice that I read here and backed up my iPad and restored as new. I discharged my battery and charged to 100%. I am seeing significantly better battery life!!!!

Thanks everyone!

Kim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-14-2014 09:12 AM
    Very glad to hear that, I hope you are enjoying your iPad air even more!
    kimc5555 likes this.
    01-14-2014 09:22 AM
    Very glad to hear that, I hope you are enjoying your iPad air even more!
    Thanks!!! I love my iPad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-14-2014 10:09 AM
    Is there any other way to make the battery life last longer? Like downloading an application? Any idea? Thanks
    01-16-2014 11:31 AM
    Is there any other way to make the battery life last longer? Like downloading an application? Any idea? Thanks
    No.
    01-16-2014 12:59 PM
    BOOM! From my 16GB AT&T CELLULAR! (Yes he said cellular) model! Feel bad for those with wifi only models not getting this kinda time. Still got 40% to go. iPad Air battery life-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1390355764.760179.jpg
    01-21-2014 08:56 PM
    BOOM! From my 16GB AT&T CELLULAR! (Yes he said cellular) model! Feel bad for those with wifi only models not getting this kinda time. Still got 40% to go. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1390355764.760179.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	46576
    Impressive usage time. May I know what is ur brightness and what kind of activities, you do with ur ipad air
    01-28-2014 05:02 AM
    It goes forever.i haven't been able to kill it in one day of normal usage.
    04-23-2014 05:55 AM
    It misinterpreting but if you power off and turn the iPad on it will stick with 100% for a long long long time believe me. Mine kept 100% over an hour of normal usage. Everytmem I charge I reset the ipd and I have this.
    04-23-2014 06:52 AM
    Although I agree the iPad Air battery is amazing. I have noticed you can't trust the usage statistics. I've taken my iPad Air of charge at 100% and put it into standby. Come back a few hours later to find my usage now has 45 to an hour of usage even thought it hasn't been touched and the battery still at 100%.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    05-03-2014 07:59 PM
    Unlike on my iPhone 5s, which I have to charge multiple times a day in order to maintain good battery life ( I am on the go almost every day of the week), I only need to charge my iPad Air once to twice a day (during the day if I use it a lot, for example right now as I'm writing this my iPad Air has 61% battery, I'll charge it to 100% in an hour, and overnight).

Both the charge time and the battery life on the iPad Air are very good. The charge time takes very quickly, about less than an hour, maybe even 30 minutes.

I have the iPad Air 128 GB WiFi+Cellular Verizon version, however I rarely use the cellular capabilities. As far as I've notice using the cellular does not use up battery life that much. Only if you have many notifications, watch lots of YouTube videos, and use Bluetooth, that might drain the battery.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB Wifi + Cellular. Both devices are using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .
    05-05-2014 11:26 AM
    iPad Air cellular 64GB
    3G push wifi always on
    iPad Air battery life-imageuploadedbytapatalk1400970270.644921.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-24-2014 06:24 PM
    I found it to be great, even using it all day long. But also, I perform a daily soft reset. This stop the battery from draining quicker.
    07-24-2014 10:12 AM
89 1234