bluetooth audio volume low

MisterMe11

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Connecting to a Logitech Squeezebox boom through a Bluetooth adapter, and the volume is very low even at 100% on the iPad and 100% on the Squeezebox.

Does anyone know a way to boost it? Other phones/tablets have higher volume. Thanks

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried re pairing? Delete the profile from the ipad and from the device and then start over. :) Worth a shot. :)

nnemeth

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
This is not a helpful hint. We all try to re-pair as this is the basic move. It is evident. The volume is still low. I assume the software should be improved that the users cannot help. Any better hint is very welcome as we cannot do anything with the recent software I guess.

medic79

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that when I pair my beats wireless headphones that after about 5 min of listening they cut out and I need to delete the pairing and repair them. It's really annoying and only happens on the new ipad air, no issues with iPhone 4S, iPod touch, MacBook Pro. But when it does work the sound is great

Rick Harris1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have same/similar problem with iPad 3 and Vizio soundbar. The pairing went perfectly and the audio was great...later when I tried to play music again, the volume was incredibly low. Paired with Android tablet and all is well...it's something to do with the iPad.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Connecting to a Logitech Squeezebox boom through a Bluetooth adapter, and the volume is very low even at 100% on the iPad and 100% on the Squeezebox.

Does anyone know a way to boost it? Other phones/tablets have higher volume. Thanks

Can't say I have this problem on my JBL Pulse speaker. That's odd.

WarrenLewis_3

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with an aftermarket Bluetooth kit for my car. To get to the Bluetooth volume you have to connect to the Bluetooth device then make or receive a phone call. When you do it pops up a page where one of the options is Audio Source, in my case I had three choices (the Bluetooth car kit, the iphone, and the iphone speaker). I selected Bluetooth car kit and then pressed the '+' volume button on the side of the phone up to the max. It worked. I could never find any other place where you could set the Bluetooth volume.

b3boy

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I found the way of using the side buttons to control bluetooth volume when phoning but on the next call it always defaults to the low setting again unlike 'Phone' and 'speaker' options which retain their settings until changed. If anyone knows how to turn this off or make a user default I'd love to here it. Meanwhile I've written a fairly detailed letter to Apple about this. I hope others do the same.

flagalpha

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks pkcable and johnJoseph5 ! :))
This nil volume issue drove me up the wall last night! grrr.
I tried 'reconnecting' several times - that was no help.

The trick is in telling your ipad to forget the device. ... (touch the little blue ringed "I" icon for this option)

Vincent Mohanna

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I just fixed the same issue I had with my iPhone 4S and an iHome Bluetooth wireless speaker.
I went to settings and used "forget this device" on the iPhone. I then reconnected to the Bluetooth speaker and now the sound level is back to normal.

laoudi

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm desperate. I tried eeeeeverything I found on several forums, including the advice provided by Apple, turn off Facebook, re-pairing, forget the bluetooth device and connect it again, change the volume via screen and buttons, change the sound settings on the Facebook app, change the audio settings of the iphone, etc. and I'm forgetting some.
Would you have any other advice please ? The volume on my bluetooth speakers used to be way higher, I don't know why it changed. When I try to call someone while I'm connected to Bluetooth, the volume is really high, like it should be, but as soon as I change it back to music ... Low.
I have an IPhone 5C.

Thank you !!

Diana Garcia4

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Were you able to find a solution for this? We have a big blue party bluetooth speaker and anytime we connect via bluetooth the volume is very low.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2