Ipad Air owners share here

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Even with the new retina iPad mini out I will be keeping my iPad Air. The size is perfect for me, the mini is too small for reading magazines.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Even with the new retina iPad mini out I will be keeping my iPad Air. The size is perfect for me, the mini is too small for reading magazines.

I was ok with reading on my old Mini but found that I didn't enjoy watching videos as much as I do on the full size iPad.

P@t

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Went from a mini to the Air and of course, loving it. I've owned every version of the iPad since the first one and the Air is def the best.

hamsterwheel

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I want the Air. I have the iPad 4. But I can't afford to just buy another one.

So I guess I need to sell this one first. Anyone interested? LOL

Recipe7

May 17, 2012
Visit site
This is my first tablet. I've used some in the past occasionally but never considered getting one. Being a jailbreak user on my iPhone 4S, I feel there is a lack in user freedom. I miss a lot of mods that I use on my phone. I'm hoping the jailbreak comes out in the near future. Overall I am satisfied. Really snappy and convenient with the size of the unit. The 5 dollar case I got from Amazon fits like a glove, better than the 80 dollar smart cases from apple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got an Air yesterday and I love it so far. I'm upgrading from an iPad 2 so to me it's a big improvement. I always downplayed retina as not being a big deal, but after seeing the Air I can't believe how long I went without it. I'm in the middle of my first charge so I can't comment on battery life but I'm sure it is good. I like the form factor of the mini but I watch too many videos and read too many comics and magazines to go with the mini.

Sporting a red Smart Cover and I love it, like others I just wished it had touch id. And I wish Verizon had space grey in stock when I went to buy mine. Oh we'll, just another reason to buy one next year!

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I had to swap mine out, and the replacement seems to be working pretty good. Overall a good upgrade coming from a 3rd Generation. The only thing I'm beginning to regret is getting the 16GB version, but my iPad 3 was a 32 GB and I never even came half way close to filling it up so I should be ok. I usually stream all my stuff anyways.

Scallops

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I owned the original Mini but we also had an iPad3 in the house that was there for all to use. With my old Mini, I much preferred the weight and ease of use lying in bed, for example. The iPad3, whilst reminded me that the original Mini screen was a compromise, was just too heavy and harder to hold - so the Mini became a compromise I was willing to make......

When I heard about a Retina Mini coming out, I didn't even consider the Air. This was surely what I was after. I bought the rMini sight unseen. I took it home, full of expectation, and compared some photos I had from a local flower festival on the new beast with the iPad3. I was looking for that vindication at trading in a year old device - that wow, my new rMini has fixed the compromises, and in some ways (speed, clarity) it had, but alas, it didn't deliver what I had hoped for. In terms of colour reproduction, especially with blue irises and red roses, the iPad3 still had a clearly more vibrant image. I just assumed Retina would mean Retina as I knew it. So I searched the web to see if there was some explanation, and discovered the gamut limitations of the rMini. I tried to convince myself it didn't really matter...I tried to convince myself to keep it, that the size and weight still made the rMini the one for me....but then I got to see an Air.

I hadn't realised the new full screen size Air was actually a smaller footprint over the iPad3/4. I hadn't realised the Air was an in-between size, an in-between weight....

I exchanged my rMini - got the Air, and this is the exact right iPad for me - the right screen quality, without fully trading off all of the Mini form factor. I have found I can use my Air as I did the Mini, without it feeling too heavy. And the speed, the screen - it's brilliant. I don't blame Apple in the slightest. I'm not sure why the rMini is as it is, but - Apple allowed me to swap it out for an Air, so at the end of the day, I'm very happy. The Air is without doubt the best iPad experience I have come across.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I got a 32 GB free from work. I really like it. But I don't see any difference from the iPad 4 that I had before. It just looks better and is thinner. For what I do, the performance is about the same.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

emmyJayne

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I brought my first iPad last weekend have been enjoying using it all the time. The iPad Air fits perfectly into my life. The size and lightness is remarkable compared to my sister's iPad 2 I would not buy any other iPad.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I brought my first iPad last weekend have been enjoying using it all the time. The iPad Air fits perfectly into my life. The size and lightness is remarkable compared to my sister's iPad 2 I would not buy any other iPad.

I didn't mind the size and heft of the previous iPads. But I do like the Air.

d0ink

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded from the original iPad Mini and let me say that the difference between Retina and non-Retina resolutions is a night and day difference, not to mention the huge performance boost from the original mini. I am absolutely loving it! :D The only con is that I now have to purchase a new messenger bag to fit the Air to take with me to work.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
when you all received your ipad, did you use it right away and drain it to 0%, or did you plug it in for a full charge?
I have heard that one way is better for your battery, so i thought i'd ask before I screw it up

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR