Heard from a Verizon retailer in a high traffic area that they were just told they and no other retailer will get Airs at launch and that they are being shipped exclusively to Apple stores and online only. They are only allowed to place orders for customer's and weren't given an eta on when they'd arrive.

Anyone else heard anything similar?
    10-31-2013 02:49 AM
    Can't say it have, unless you here from Apple. I wouldn't put to much into it.
    10-31-2013 03:06 AM
    Best Buy says it'll sell the iPad Air Friday morning at 8 a.m.
    10-31-2013 03:12 AM
    Best Buy says it'll sell the iPad Air Friday morning at 8 a.m.
    They are also a dedicated apple store within Best Buy.
    jarofclay73 likes this.
    10-31-2013 03:20 AM
    Sounds like BS, because my AT&T store is getting them in on Friday. They are holding one for me.
    10-31-2013 08:25 AM
    My local Verizon store had them in stock plus Best Buy had the Verizon model also, sounds like you got some wrong information.
    11-01-2013 01:46 PM
    Went to my Verizon and they got a few in, but only the smaller sizes and I wanted the 128gb. Ordering from them says shipping the 11th when the apple store has it now. So it does at least seem like apple is holding inventory from them to some extent

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    11-01-2013 01:49 PM
    Yes your right. My guy at AT&T told me all they got was 16 GB models. Apple is hoarding the bigger capacities for their stores. I'm settling for a 16, I didn't know if I needed a 32 anyway.
    11-01-2013 01:51 PM
    They are also a dedicated apple store within Best Buy.
    Way to back peddle. It’s not a "dedicated apple store", more of a sub-section of the computer section of the Best Buy store.
    Xm_jdm likes this.
    11-01-2013 02:01 PM
    Way to back peddle. Its not a "dedicated apple store", more of a sub-section of the computer section of the Best Buy store.
    Way to miss the point no matter how you label it. It's a paid for - by Apple - section of the store. It's not as if Best Buy out of their love of Apple decided to build it. It would be very strange for Apple to NOT have product there as a result.
    11-01-2013 02:03 PM
    Heard from a Verizon retailer in a high traffic area that they were just told they and no other retailer will get Airs at launch and that they are being shipped exclusively to Apple stores and online only. They are only allowed to place orders for customer's and weren't given an eta on when they'd arrive.

O RLY? Wal-Mart had plenty this morning.
    11-01-2013 02:24 PM
    Way to miss the point no matter how you label it. It's a paid for - by Apple - section of the store. It's not as if Best Buy out of their love of Apple decided to build it. It would be very strange for Apple to NOT have product there as a result.
    The point is that you are wrong. First of all, neither of us are privy to the details of whatever deal is in place between Apple and Best Buy. But it's most likely no different in principle from the deals that Best Buy has with Samsung and Microsoft for their respective little vignettes within the Best Buy facility. But regardless, it is Best Buy that reaps the sales profit from the sales that happen within their stores. Same as Target, WalMart, Radio Shack, Staples and other retailers who carry Apple products. Additionally, there are still Best Buy locations that do not have the Apple vignettes set up in their locations.

And many are the reports of other than 16gb devices at places outside the Apple stores. Further, your original post states "no other retailer will get Airs at launch and that they are being shipped exclusively to Apple stores and online only", which clearly is NOT true.
    11-01-2013 02:43 PM
    I've seen people on macrumors saying they've got them in stock at T-Mobile stores.

Sent from my LG-D801 using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-01-2013 02:47 PM
    I've seen people on macrumors saying they've got them in stock at T-Mobile stores.

Sent from my LG-D801 using iMore Forums mobile app
    Yessir. 32GB are at my local T-Mobile store, both colors too.
    11-01-2013 02:50 PM
    The point is that you are wrong. First of all, neither of us are privy to the details of whatever deal is in place between Apple and Best Buy. But it's most likely no different in principle from the deals that Best Buy has with Samsung and Microsoft for their respective little vignettes within the Best Buy facility. But regardless, it is Best Buy that reaps the sales profit from the sales that happen within their stores. Same as Target, WalMart, Radio Shack, Staples and other retailers who carry Apple products. Additionally, there are still Best Buy locations that do not have the Apple vignettes set up in their locations.

And many are the reports of other than 16gb devices at places outside the Apple stores. Further, your original post states "no other retailer will get Airs at launch and that they are being shipped exclusively to Apple stores and online only", which clearly is NOT true.
    I bow to your epic Internetness and determination to offer zero contribution to this thread other than coming in to start an argument. I merely stated what I was told and then asked a question if anyone else had heard the same. It wasn't my statement. I repeated what I was told and asked for confirmation from others.

/turns on filter
    11-01-2013 02:57 PM

Almost any "rumor" that you hear from a cellphone rep is doodie.
    Only available @ Apple store at launch?-iw8simf.gif
    11-01-2013 03:09 PM
    I bow to your epic Internetness and determination to offer zero contribution to this thread other than coming in to start an argument. I merely stated what I was told and then asked a question if anyone else had heard the same. It wasn't my statement. I repeated what I was told and asked for confirmation from others.

/turns on filter
    Funny, you’re the one tossing around personal insults ... I merely pointed out that your information was wrong. That has been corroborated by others here.

To quote Keith, "Get over it. Move on. Horse dead...beating stop..."

Moving on.
    11-01-2013 03:23 PM
    Funny, youre the one tossing around personal insults ... I merely pointed out that your information was wrong. That has been corroborated by others here.

To quote Keith, "Get over it. Move on. Horse dead...beating stop..."

Moving on.
    I'll give you that. My bad. I'm likely having a bad day since my plan to get an air without driving way out of my way the nearest apple store failed.
    11-01-2013 04:20 PM
    My AT&T store only got 2 units in. One White and one Space Gray both 16 GB. I a worker I made friends with held me the Space Gray one and I picked it up at 4:30 pm. I wasn't expecting them to only get 2 iPads for the whole store.
    11-02-2013 11:52 AM
    Shipping/receiving supervisor at a small town Sam's club. I checked in about 60 iPad airs this week, both colors, 16 and 32gb, wifi only. We are an authorized reseller. I don't believe we've ever sold cellular models at our store, and I've never received a 128, we max out at 64gb in our store, at least up to today anyway.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-02-2013 04:02 PM
    The Best Buy near me only had the Wi-Fi versions of the Air. I ordered the AT&T 128GB there. I'm in no rush.
    11-02-2013 09:43 PM
    I ended up purchasing from B&H. No sales tax for Californians, but I have to wait for shipping.
    11-03-2013 02:32 AM
    No single Walmart in South Dakota had an Air on launch day. Neither did Verizon or AT&T stores. The only stores I came across that did we're Best Buy. We don't have any Apple stores here.
    11-03-2013 11:15 PM
    I was able to walk into a Target around 5pm on launch day and pick one up, I was surprised as I didn't think they would have any. The only thing that was hard to find were the iPad smart case and cover, had to go to Apple for those.
    11-03-2013 11:32 PM