Anker sent me a screen protector to try out. I don't usually put a screen protector on my iPads, too many installation problems. I'll type up a review and post it in the accessories section soon.
    11-14-2013 11:53 AM
    Smart Cover, no more. I really like the feeling and weight of the ipad air.
    11-14-2013 08:06 PM
    Anyone using a stick-on film in the back of their Air? I like my Belkin clear case but I can't help but be curious as to how the extra few ounces would affect the feel
    11-14-2013 08:16 PM

j_benj likes this.
    11-15-2013 07:42 PM
    I just got and installed a best skin ever matte film on my back and I love it. Offers a lot of protection with no extra weight. Plus with the matte film you can't tell it's there.
    11-16-2013 07:32 PM
    Love the skins for the iPad. However, this year on two occasions I accidentally dropped my iPad 3 and the skin didn't protect the edges. Luckily I had the Smart Cover and the glass didn't break and it still worked perfectly. But, I wish I had a case and I do now.
    11-16-2013 07:55 PM
    Matte back skin (BSE) and Apple Smart Cover. If I'm going into the wild, maybe a slim back case alas Poetic or one of the cheaper eBay China cases. I'm all about keeping it as minimal as possible.
    11-16-2013 10:02 PM
    I went with the Apple Smart Case in red. I got it for $20 off so I figured it was worth the try. I love it.
    11-17-2013 03:59 AM
    Now I wish I had a case on my iPad Air. Last night a friend was looking at my iPad Air and he dropped it onto the granite countertop just a few inches onto a corner. I was upset, he said that these things are durable and nothing was damaged. Later, when he was gone, I looked closely at it and there is a small chip off the silver paint revealing shiny aluminum underneath. He will never touch any of my devices ever again.
    11-17-2013 09:27 AM
    Now I wish I had a case on my iPad Air. Last night a friend was looking at my iPad Air and he dropped it onto the granite countertop just a few inches onto a corner. I was upset, he said that these things are durable and nothing was damaged. Later, when he was gone, I looked closely at it and there is a small chip off the silver paint revealing shiny aluminum underneath. He will never touch any of my devices ever again.
    Throw a matte back best skins ever (BSE) on the back. The matte finish might hide the shiny exposed aluminum and it dosent add any bulk at all.
    BenitoC likes this.
    11-17-2013 12:12 PM
    I had ordered both a red and blue Smart Cover, and was going to decide which to keep. The red doesn't want to sit flat (the first crease wants to go up). The blue sits perfectly. But I kinda like the red better. I think I'll return both and get another red and hopefully that one sits flat and flush.

Last edited by LCW; 11-17-2013 at 03:54 PM.
    11-17-2013 02:59 PM
    as i intend to bring my ipad air outdoors, including beaches (lucky i live on maui) i will definitely get a case and screen protector; waiting for the otter box defender. supposedly available starting next week.
    11-21-2013 06:40 PM
    I think I'm going with Apple Smart Cover.
    I got it for $20 off so I figured it was worth the try. I love it.
    How did you get $20 off?
    11-25-2013 09:54 AM
    I'm using just a Smart Cover on it. I wanted the smart case but it was a little expensive for my liking. The Smart Cover will be good enough.
    11-25-2013 03:50 PM
    A case for work or when traveling and naked at home!
    11-25-2013 04:25 PM
    Smartcover.

I figure nicks in the Space Grey version will add character, but the screen needs protection.
    11-25-2013 05:32 PM
    TPU case to cover the Air. It gives a nice grip too
    11-25-2013 06:41 PM
    I just grabbed my 32GB Air yesterday with a black Smart Cover to go with it. I'm hoping this thread spawns some ideas I can use to create a better setup
    11-28-2013 02:24 PM
    I am using a black Smart Cover and a Armorshield for the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-01-2013 06:56 PM
    I got a Kavaj Cognac brown "Berlin" folio case from Amazon. It is a high quality real leather case that adds very little bulk to the iPad Air. It costs about $30 less than the Apple Smartcase. I couldn't be happier. It also comes in black. Be sure to watch the power bottom and stand videos on their website to learn how to properly "train" the leather. Check it out at www.kavaj.com.
    12-01-2013 07:54 PM
    Just an FYI for all those wanting to use a Smart Case or Cover. There are tons of these on eBay for about $15 shipped. No, they're not Apple branded. Yes, they're from China. Yes, they're probably not as robust as the Apple line (though I haven't actually held an Apple one in my hands); but I've had one since I got my Air two days after launch day, and it has thoroughly protected the device, and the "automagical" technology is just as reliable as the Apple Smart Cover.

On top of that, it sits flat on the screen, which seems to be a common complaint with the Apple Cover.

Save yourself about $60! eBay can be your friend!
    12-01-2013 09:25 PM
    Just an FYI for all those wanting to use a Smart Case or Cover. There are tons of these on eBay for about $15 shipped. No, they're not Apple branded. Yes, they're from China. Yes, they're probably not as robust as the Apple line (though I haven't actually held an Apple one in my hands); but I've had one since I got my Air two days after launch day, and it has thoroughly protected the device, and the "automagical" technology is just as reliable as the Apple Smart Cover.

On top of that, it sits flat on the screen, which seems to be a common complaint with the Apple Cover.

Save yourself about $60! eBay can be your friend!
    It is true that you can find similar products on eBay and Amazon. But from my experiences, the quality isn't the same. It's the old adage you get what you pay for. I have gone the cheap route on many occasions for accessories for my Apple products and it doesn't usually bold well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 09:48 AM
    I have a Smart Cover and noticed the other day that the place on the left side in the same spot as the magnetic piece touches the bezel, is all scratched up. Wondering if a piece of metal was stuck to the inside of the magnet and dragged on the edge. Anyone ever notice this before? Kinda disappointed how easily the back on the white nicks but guess I expected that.
    12-10-2013 08:49 PM
    I went with a blue Smart Cover. So far, really happy with the minimalist if approach, and still no scratches on the back!
    12-11-2013 01:29 AM
    I went with a blue Smart Cover. So far, really happy with the minimalist if approach, and still no scratches on the back!
    I decided to get the leather smart case yesterday. I wanted to make sure that the back was covered. Now it matches my 5S that has the black leather case.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    12-11-2013 03:04 AM
129 12345 ...