I'm leaning toward the silver iPad Air with the black Apple smart case. I have the Apple leather case for my 5S and I really love the feel.
    Have you had the case for your 5s since launch? And how is it holding up so far?
    10-31-2013 09:29 PM
    I got a black/space grey iPad Air and the blue Apple Smart Case.
    Down the track, I'll get the Invisible Shield when they brung out the front & back cover combination & then use a Smart Cover. That's how I had my iPad 3 & iPad mini...and I was happy with that, but the Invisible Shield that I want isn't out yet & I want to protect the Air. Mind you, I'll give it some time so as I get my value out of this case & getting the Invisible Shield won't mean that I can't still use the case when I want to anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-01-2013 05:28 AM
    I just dropped $1k on it.

I'm naked...for now. I like the Apple Case/Cover but $89?!?! I will see what eBay offers.
    11-01-2013 02:51 PM

I'm naked...for now. I like the Apple Case/Cover but $89?!?! I will see what eBay offers.
    You may want to take a look at this thread. http://forums.imore.com/ipad-air/268...cover-air.html
    Most didn't care for it.
    Xm_jdm likes this.
    11-01-2013 02:54 PM
    I ordered a back shell on amazon. To protect the back from scratches I am using a duct tape paper. Lol looks like a skin
    11-01-2013 02:57 PM
    Waiting on the Lifeproof Nuud :P
    shief24 likes this.
    11-01-2013 03:23 PM
    Smart Cover only.
    11-01-2013 05:40 PM

Lol same here. I was so ready to buy a smart case then that price through me back after purchasing my iPad Air. I still have the plastic on it. Waiting for my screen protector to come in
    11-01-2013 07:25 PM
    I ended up getting the Belkin Ultimate Bluetooth Keyboard case. Liking it so far.
    11-02-2013 02:22 AM
    Naked all the way! With a black Smart Cover.
    11-03-2013 11:26 PM
    I have a white iPad Air and I broke down and got the red Smart Case. I really like it! For some reason the "rough" edge doesn't bother me. I also have a cheaper TPU case on order and I have a black Smart Cover to go with it. We'll see which one I like better.

I thought the Smart Case would make it too bulky or too heavy and it's not.
    carrickfergus likes this.
    11-04-2013 12:17 AM
    I ended up getting the Belkin Ultimate Bluetooth Keyboard case. Liking it so far.
    How much does this case.keyboard weigh?
    11-04-2013 07:30 AM
    Naked - it's the only way to go. The Air is so thin and light, why ruin it with a heavy and bulky case?? I run by iphone 5 and ipad Mini without cases... Just how I roll. I may consider a smart cover though, just to be able to prop it up on road trips in the car.
    11-04-2013 06:33 PM
    I tried the Smart Case and it wasn't for me. Wound up returning it and getting the Smart Cover and a frosted clear Belkin back. I like this combo far better. It's lighter, cheaper and provides a better grip. And the magnets in the Smart Cover are strong enough to keep the cover clinging to the back of the Air even through the clear protector!

Last edited by j_benj; 11-05-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    H_D, rellyrellz, RxRex and 1 others like this.
    11-05-2013 11:50 AM
    I just paced an order with BoxWave for the DuoSuit for my iPad Air. Haven't tried this case before, but for only $16.95 it will do till Speck comes out with a CandyShell case for the iPad Air. iPad Air DuoSuit - A slim profile, surprisingly strong, no-slip, style case for your iPad Air.
    11-05-2013 03:10 PM
    Does the Belkin back have a raised 'lip' around the edge of the screen? Your picture shows it upside down on a carpet. Could you do that with a hard surface like a table? i.e. will the case keep the screen elevated off a flat surface if the iPad is placed screen-down? Based on pictures I have seen (which are not clear/detailed enough) it looks like the Belkin back does not have a raised lip.

The Smart Case does have a lip. I find that the smart case is a little awkward with the cover permanently attached (especially for games which use the accelerometers). I like the idea of a back and a removable cover, but the back needs to have a lip just to provide a little bit of extra protection for the screen.

The pictures on the Belkin site appear to show a long cut-out along one edge of the shell. I was thinking that this is cut out to allow the smart cover to attach directly, but you said you are attaching it over top of part of the protector?

Thanks

I tried the Smart Case and it wasn't for me. Wound up returning it and getting the Smart Cover and a frosted clear Belkin back. I like this combo far better. It's lighter, cheaper and provides a better grip. And the magnets in the Smart Cover are strong enough to keep the cover clinging to the back of the Air even through the clear protector!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/06/ehe4ehup.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/06/8ahuqade.jpg
    11-06-2013 09:17 AM

This is the same setup I had with my iPad 4. Much better than the Smart Case.

11-06-2013 11:54 AM

I had the same set up for my iPad 2 just with a blue cover. This time I went with a poetic slime line case that someone recommended on here. Just waiting it from amazon

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums app
    11-06-2013 06:35 PM
    Does the Belkin back have a raised 'lip' around the edge of the screen? Your picture shows it upside down on a carpet. Could you do that with a hard surface like a table? i.e. will the case keep the screen elevated off a flat surface if the iPad is placed screen-down? Based on pictures I have seen (which are not clear/detailed enough) it looks like the Belkin back does not have a raised lip.

The Smart Case does have a lip. I find that the smart case is a little awkward with the cover permanently attached (especially for games which use the accelerometers). I like the idea of a back and a removable cover, but the back needs to have a lip just to provide a little bit of extra protection for the screen.

The pictures on the Belkin site appear to show a long cut-out along one edge of the shell. I was thinking that this is cut out to allow the smart cover to attach directly, but you said you are attaching it over top of part of the protector?

Thanks
    It has a VERY slight lip.
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    11-08-2013 10:07 AM
    So I went with a poetic slime line case. It's pretty much a back cover and a Smart Cover put together. Feels nice. Folded the cover and tapped the iPad to see if it would easily topple over. So far so good. Also have a Spigen screen protector on it. For your new iPad Air will you go naked or case it?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1384032541.904403.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums app
    11-09-2013 04:29 PM
    I've ordered a sleeve so I can protect it when not I. Use, but I think I'm going to risk using it naked. It just looks and feels beautiful!
    11-09-2013 08:46 PM

You know your setup is rather minimal and appealing... don't mind me if I steal your idea and order a belkin back and smart cover... lol
    11-10-2013 07:59 PM
    You know your setup is rather minimal and appealing... don't mind me if I steal your idea and order a belkin back and smart cover... lol
    I don't mind at all it's working really well for me so far!
    11-10-2013 09:06 PM
    No case here and I like it I do have a sleeve for when not in use but other than that I like it naked ... I'll prob get a case sooner or later atleast when I find the right one
    11-11-2013 02:54 AM
    I changed my mind I bought a pouch for my Air, cost me $5.88 it's an Acme Made I found on clearance.

This is how amazing and how much I love the Air, that I take it out with me all the time.
    11-14-2013 02:25 AM
129 1234 ...