iPad Air. I don't have a need for a laptop anymore. I have been getting along just fine with an iPad. I know that isn't the case for others. But it is for me.
    11-25-2013 03:58 PM
    iPad Air plus Bluetooth keyboard case for this trip. Will see how it goes
    11-25-2013 05:38 PM
    iPad Air plus Bluetooth keyboard case for this trip. Will see how it goes
    I used to use Bluetooth keyboards but I don't anymore. I like typing on the virtual keyboard. It also saves some battery not having to have to use the Bluetooth keyboard. Once you really get used to typing on the virtual keyboard, you will really love the iPad Air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-30-2013 07:55 PM
    I used to use Bluetooth keyboards but I don't anymore. I like typing on the virtual keyboard. It also saves some battery not having to have to use the Bluetooth keyboard. Once you really get used to typing on the virtual keyboard, you will really love the iPad Air.

Scratch that. I have since used the Anker keyboard case for my iPad Air and I love it. By far the best keyboard I have used for the Air.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
    06-19-2014 10:38 PM
    i think ipad air is better if you leave home and you going a school ,shopping , pic nic , etc ... but at home i choose mackbook
    Last edited by Speedygi; 07-17-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Deleted promotional link
    07-13-2014 08:05 PM
    If I absolutely had to make a choice, the MacBook Air, with its superlative battery life, is a no brainer for serious work. Plus I can make do with it as a media consumption device with apps like iBooks, iTunes, etc.
    07-17-2014 09:31 PM
    If I absolutely had to make a choice, the MacBook Air, with its superlative battery life, is a no brainer for serious work. Plus I can make do with it as a media consumption device with apps like iBooks, iTunes, etc.
    That's what I did, and for similar reasons. Recently moved to the new MacBook Air from the original iPad. I like having full Finder, Network Monitor, Activity Monitor and related tools that are native to OS X. A lazy move on my part, but I can easily Screen Share into my multi-monitor Mac Mini setup that's in the home office from the other side of the house. Screen Share displays both screens, or I can choose between the two. Or, I can do the same with my kids systems if needed. Just a few options that are possible, natively included, and in my view easier to do with a full featured laptop.
    07-17-2014 11:34 PM
    iPad Air for me. I can get the entire iWork suite on it, buy a bluetooth keyboard, and have a fully-functioning productive laptop replacement.
    07-18-2014 12:39 AM
    iPad Air. I don't use the bluetooth keyboard. Happy with the virtual one.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    07-18-2014 05:09 AM
    I was very pleasantly surprised with the virtual keyboard on the Air: I used to typo all the time on my Ipad4, but I never do on this one, it's awesome.
    07-24-2014 01:31 PM
    I would personally choose the iPad Air

07-24-2014 03:27 PM
    I just picked up a new Zagg keyboard case and I love it nice and slim and the battery on tis is awesome.
    07-24-2014 07:22 PM
    I would like to get a Mac, but if I had to choose between the Air and a Mac, I'd go Air all day. After owning an iPad, I don't think I could go back to life without one lol
    07-24-2014 07:40 PM
    I just picked up a new Zagg keyboard case and I love it nice and slim and the battery on tis is awesome.
    I have the Logitech Ultraslim keyboard case and it is awesome. It make my iPad Air very productive. I'm not going to buy a laptop anymore. The iPad does everything that I need and it is a lot faster than any laptop I have ever owned.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
    zerog46 likes this.
    07-24-2014 09:17 PM
    I have recently gone back to using the software keyboard and I am really enjoying the experience. I have always been able top type on it in the traditional way, but I have always thought that it was better to use a bluetooth keyboard. I have to admit, I'm almost as fast and just as accurate on the software keyboard. There are a few things I like better about using the software keyboard over using the bluetooth one. I had noticed that there are times when you cannot input text in some input boxes on the web. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. When you use the software keyboard, you have the luxury of having autocorrect. Even though the bluetooth keyboards today don't burn a lot of your iPad's battery, having bluetooth does burn up. Some. Not having to have that enabled saves some juice. And you don't have to worry about charging the bluetooth keyboard. Many of them last up to three months on one charge, but you will eventually have to charge it. And the last advantage of using the software keyboard is versatility. I don't have to worry about disconnecting or taking the iPad out of the keyboard case when I want to use my iPad for a multimedia device like gaming, watching videos, reading, or anything else.
    08-23-2014 11:40 PM
    For my needs, a MacBook Air
    08-24-2014 08:09 AM
    For my needs, a MacBook Air
    And for mine, MBA
    08-24-2014 08:15 AM
    For me the 4GB 256GB MBA is great for me. I gave my iPad to my kids since I rarely used it anymore in the last 2 years. The MBA is much lighter then carrying around my primary PC with me and if I need something that's on it, I'll use Team viewer to login and either do what I need on that or transfer the files over to dropbox. It's much easier carrying that around when I'm traveling then anything else. I mainly got it to replace my iPad but finding more uses for it. I rarely use my main laptop anymore except for doing security work and my banking on Quicken which I may transfer over to my MBA sometime. Granted I mainly use the MBA for web surfing, iCloud email which is synced to my main laptop anyhow but so far it's been great for me.
    08-25-2014 10:24 AM
    I'll add my vote for the MBA. I think of my iPad as more of a toy and a downtime device. While I can get most of what I need to get done in my iPad air if I absolutely needed to, its just more efficient on the macbook.
    08-25-2014 11:16 AM
44 12