I am Just Disappointed in Apple

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Why would you want a thinner bezel on a 9.7" tablet? I doubt that it will make holding the iPad anymore comfortable, and then they RUINED the Smart Covers by removing the 4th fold. Good bye stability!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, you have choices other than Apple... if you're so disappointed, I suggest you vote with your feet. And money. Spend it elsewhere...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For one thing, a lighter iPad will be much more comfortable to hold for longer periods of time. As when watching YouTube videos, or reading books. I'm very happy with the new look. So much so that I'll gladly sell my iPad Mini for it. Which by the way is much lighter and thinner than the iPad 4, and yet I've had no "stability" issues with it during the whole year of using my Mini.

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Why would you want a thinner bezel on a 9.7" tablet? I doubt that it will make holding the iPad anymore comfortable, and then they RUINED the Smart Covers by removing the 4th fold. Good bye stability!

You Promise not to come back?? Sounds like a Bluff

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get a promise never to come back. Don't read into things. I'm pissed about the the thinner bezel. I do think that the weight will be helpful while holding, the iPad 1 really weighs a lot. And with the bloody smart covers, I cant use it like a grip anymore because of the lack of the 4th segment

John Gerard

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I listen to the Imore podcasts and love them. This is my first time posting on the forums. I am so disappointed in the new ipad Air I just have to add my 2 cents about it. I currently have the ipad3 and I do a lot of video editing on it using Pinnacle Studio for the ipad. I also transfer a lot of files Back and forth between my ipad and my Apple Router Time Capsule HDD.
First the reasons I am disappointed....
1) a faster wireless, 2 Wireless-N channels but it is not full Wireless-AC. I thought since all the MacBooks got Wireless-AC the ipad would have also.
2) the camera does not look like it has been updated or very little. I was hoping for the 120FPS shooting mode.
3) no mention on if there is an upgrade in Ram. This probably means the answer is no. And what exactly is the amount of Ram.i think it might be 1GB but not sure.
4) No mention if ios7 can do the memory compression thing talked about in Mavericks for the MacBooks.
5) no Fingerprint scanner. I have so many places on the net that I have to log into I hate it. The Fingerprint scanner works great on my ipone5s. I can't wait for the day when I can just use my Fingerprint to access my Keychain and not have to enter another password again. What a time saver. And I get really frustrated when I have to enter a password sometimes 4 or 5 time to log into a site. Or even sometimes I have to reset my password even though I know it is correct. Very frustrating. The fingerprint scanner could eliminate all this hassle.
Now to the reasons to upgrade.
1) my sister gets a newer ipad. I give her my old one.
2) the A7 and M7 chips. For an app like Pinnacle Studio this should make the app run that much smother.
3) I just recently got the new Apple Wireless-AC TIME Capsule router and I am getting about 20% increase in speed using my ipad3. So this means at least another 20% or greater increase in speed. That not to bad. Probably not as nice. Speed increase if it has true wireless-AC.
4) I need the 128GB or storage space.

I love the design of my ipad3. I don't think it is to heavy to hold in one hand. I am holding it in one hand now as I type. For those that want to be lying in bed reading, etc. you guys should get an ipad mini. I think the ipad mini is perfect for that use. I watch Netflix on my ipad in bed. I just place my ipad in my Zagg keyboard case and set it on my nightstand. Works great. And plug in my external speakers.
I would have rather had Apple just take the same form factor and just add more stuff in the ipad such as the above for mentioned items and a mini usb3 port so I could finally hook up an External HDD.
Apple also did not mention the Stereo Speaker or did I miss that part.

John

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My third gen iPad fell and busted my lip while reading. Yeah, I?ll take a lighter one. Plus the iPad mini?s ability to recognise unwanted touch when holding works fine, why wouldn?t it on the Air?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not disappointed. I would have liked to see touch ID and maybe gold. :).

I still can't justify getting iPad Air because of just getting the 5S. I got to try out G Band on the iPhone 5s to see how good it is on the A7 to get a feel for it on iPad Air. I know it's gonna rock.

Damn I feel like Pookie from New Jack City. That **** be calling man. It be calling me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods