Should i wait for the 5 or just get the retina display?

mcwolves32

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ill only be getting 16gb with lte so do you think i should wait for the ipad 5 or just say screw it and get the current version? Yes im a techie but the rumors seem flimsy and yes the news of iphone5s is promising but nothing on ipad5 yet? and what most people are saying april?

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The iPad won't be out until the holidays and the iPad4 is a wonderful device. I was faced with the same question in Feb this year and got the iPad4. I love it and have no regrets.

mcwolves32

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Some say this month but with no news from apple so that's flimsy. Seems like fall is the answer which I don't wanna wait. Is wifi+ cellular worth it?

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Some say this month but with no news from apple so that's flimsy. Seems like fall is the answer which I don't wanna wait. Is wifi+ cellular worth it?

I think fall is out of the question. We have seen a leaked back already and it has been almost 6 months since the 4 was announced. I think late April to late June. Maybe WWDC but I bet before.

Now the iPad Mini might get a spec jump but no retina till fall I bet. But we will see the 5 sooner than that IMHO.

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
I've convinced my grandmother into buying a iPad. I am definitely holding out until the 5 before I buy for her. Either that or if I can get a significantly reduced 3rd or 4th gen. I think we should see the 5 shipping by late may.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, according to Rene Ritchie at iMore the iPad 5 could be out in April. but who knows.
I think if the Retina display meets your needs, then get it ---there are also iPad 6 out. ;)

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
The 3/4 will feel obsolete next to the new form factor. It's worth waiting till the end of the month to see if the predictions and rumors come true IMO.

tazz007

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
It's april 21, 2013 the rumors have the 5th gen i pad comeing in the next few months spring may to june or fall of 2013 ??
if it's comeing in may to june i will also waite but if its comeing in fall then i will just get a 4th gen ipad.
even if the 5th gen comes out in the fall it wont be that much better then 4th gen. may be a little lighter.
tech wise may be a little faster but the 4th gen is fast enough for me
I dont care about new tech that much, my tablet that i have now is a year old and out dated but it still does the job for me.
there are better andoird tablets then mine but i dont want android any more its buggy crapy and ios have better apps

Last edited:

i$ahar

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Guys
Should i wait for ipad 5 or buy ipad4?
Im living in iran and i cant buy any apple products easily
And if apple porduce ipad5 in sep
I will be able to buy it in2014 feb!
Should i wait?

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing, the price of the 4 will drop when the 5 comes out I guess, that's would be intereshting,ut anyway let's see what the specs will look like.