All I want for iPad 5 is...

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
The new thinner, lighter design language of the iPad mini. Hopefully the new screen tech and LED, along with incrementally improved battery tech, will make that possible.

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Faster CPU, thinner design than the 3/4, more like the 2nd gen. Better front facing camera and also looking for a lighter design. Finally, I am also looking for a complete design overhaul, I really admire the iPad Mini design.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I would love the new casing as the mini, but I hope they offer higher capacities than 64GB, and also have more colors for the Smart Cases, specifically orange and yellow.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Biggest thing is not having it weigh like a brick. My biggest reason I left iPad 3 for the mini.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Happy with the iPad 4.

I tried the Mini side by side and I rather take the size vs loss of resolution of display plus I need that extra space work things I am working on...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Happy with the iPad 4.

I tried the Mini side by side and I rather take the size vs loss of resolution of display plus I need that extra space work things I am working on...

I'm still content with my iPad 2 and have no intentions of upgrading unless it craps out on me or something.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
True, there are +/- to all tablets. But the OS is what brings it together.... Displays are getting better, but on a smaller end not yet... I have tons of iPad 2 in-service and they work just fine.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
True, there are +/- to all tablets. But the OS is what brings it together.... Displays are getting better, but on a smaller end not yet... I have tons of iPad 2 in-service and they work just fine.

No doubt, John. Anyway, I hope you have a fantastic Christmas, my friend....:D

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm still content with my iPad 2 and have no intentions of upgrading unless it craps out on me or something.

Still rocking the iPad 2 as well. Been with this device since a little while after it first released. I have no real reason to upgrade and haven't felt the need to do so. I bought my girlfriend the iPad Mini in white, and man have I fell in love. the design and beautiful and feels much more usable. The screen looks a little better, it's lighter, thinner and easier to handle. I gotta say, it made me want the Mini and I might go the the next generation Mini if the specs line up how I want them to.

But I think in the end I'll go for the fifth generation iPad. I'm hoping for all Rene mentioned, along with less side bezel, a faster processor, more memory, and features in iOS7 to take better advantage of the screen real estate.

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, as I have said before I would like-

Move to the iPhone 5/iPad mini aesthetic. (That covers thinner as well)
Faster CPU & GPU
Hopefully new screen tech
iOS 7 (Please put in some nice changes)
Ideas:
• Better multi-tasking (take a page from webOS and use cards).
• Better Siri integration locally on the device.
• Make better use of lock screen.

:)

Farshid72

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Each year each scientist import about 29 ISI article that talking about something new
Some material that help us to make electric devices thinner and of course more flexible !
Goes on quad qore is not important for me ! Use the cores optimum is importent ! Prime have quad core but is not useful because of it architect and many other items doesnt logical and useful and quantity is important for them not usability

I hope the next generation have useful hardware that give more flexibility to user and match with ios faster better and powerful such as in games give the the player more frame rate with a perfect geraphic !
Use the tesselation in vga of mobility device ! I think it may be an image ! But i hope in future apple can reach to it

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
What good is all the hardware specs mentioned unless they do a complete overhaul of the OS I mean really right now it's just as always a minimum upgrade of the iPad 4 small baby steps apple takes nothing revolutionary or with any wow factor. Now all they will be doing is driving the used costs down the iPad 4 if they keep to there now 6 month cycle. I mean come on sitting here typing on iPad 4 and the iOS 6 is like putting marble flooring down in a hut with mud floors. So boring.......

Last edited:

RaiderWill

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Today was the final "Return Day" for me if I wanted to cash in my 64gb mini for a 32gb 4th-Gen.. I kept the Mini.. If you read books.. go with the 4th-Gen there is an improvement when reading books.. But for everything else the design of the Mini is impossible to beat.. it ushers the iPad into 2013 with its weight and design.. The 5th-Gen MUST follow the path of the Mini.. how much weight can be shaved is speculation at this point.. but I would say they need to shave at least 1/2 a pound off the 5th-Gen and get it around 1 pound.. do that and match the thickness of the Mini along with a Serious Refresh in iOS 7 and I would strongly consider selling my 64gb mini for around $400.00 and making up the difference for a 64gb 5th-Gen.. If not, the Mini stays..