iPad Locked

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have both an iPod Touch 6g and iPad Air both of them are locked to a specific ID. Unfortunately, the person that was using these devices are gone and longer with the organization. Each time I try to factory restore the devices it doesn't completely wipe the device and it comes back looking for the apple ID.

I am holding down power + home button and I am getting the message to RESTORE or UPDATE. It doesn't matter which I choose it doesn't completely wipe the device.

Perhaps, I am not in DFU mode as I thought I am.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately iMore cannot help you with this issue. Apple devices that have an Apple ID should be returned to Apple or the owner.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If said organization is using any forms of MDM (mobile device management) then they should be able to reset the devices.

Or contact Apple. If the devices were purchased through said organization and the authorized person calls in, they may be able to help.

Otherwise you now have a couple of new paperweights.

rav813

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Usually iCloud Activation Lock reset has to be done by Apple, after showing proof of ownership. Your company should look into using Apple DEP to avoid these issues in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2