Stocks app for iPad?

TigerrrMann

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
An article by Cella Lao Rousseau on 21 Aug 2018 explains how to use Stocks app on iPad but I like many others, cannot even download the app from appstore as it is iphone only. Of course, no explanation by Cella on how to get it and no replies to the comments on her article. Any one know how she did it??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm clearly missing something. Stock apps are those that are native to the device. Are they not? With that in mind, you can always restore the iPad to it native state which will reinstall all native apps that comes with it.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the Stocks app on my iPad (2017) -- though I believe I got it because I'm running the iOS 12 beta. I believe the Stocks app is not available on the iPad until the iPad is upgraded to iOS 12.

TigerrrMann

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
That's right. Native app on iPhone but Cella was commenting on Stocks for iPad. I'm running iOS 11.4.1 so I am assuming it may be something under iOS12 but I cant find any mention of it anywhere and Cella did not mention using iOS12 in her article.

TigerrrMann

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
Yes Annie. The Stocks stock market app which is a native app on iPhone and always has been but never for ipad for whatever reason. It may well be only something new under iOS12 but that was NOT mentioned in her article.

TigerrrMann

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
Thanks. Wasn't mentioned in her article so guess will have to wait a month or two. Have never understood why it was a native app for iphone but not for ipad so it will be a welcome addition. I haven't seen any other articles on the Stocks app being available under iOS12 for ipad though.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m still on 11.4.1 and had to download the Yahoo Finance App. I’ll be glad when 12 is available to everyone!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I’m still on 11.4.1 and had to download the Yahoo Finance App. I’ll be glad when 12 is available to everyone!

Anyone can download the iOS 12 beta from Apple. It is easy and relatively foolproof to do, for those that are interested. At the same time, while this is Public Beta 8 (Developer Beta 10) right now, meaning it is quite stable, it is still a beta and you could run into issues with some apps, or even the OS itself. OTOH, iOS 12 should be officially released within the next month.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Anyone can download the iOS 12 beta from Apple. It is easy and relatively foolproof to do, for those that are interested. At the same time, while this is Public Beta 8 (Developer Beta 10) right now, meaning it is quite stable, it is still a beta and you could run into issues with some apps, or even the OS itself. OTOH, iOS 12 should be officially released within the next month.

Yes, I realize that, but I choose not to! I'm content to wait until it's released to the public! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro