iPad Air 2 or "the new iPad"

steven2014

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
So I decided last week to buy an iPad Air 2 for using around the house etc nothing to much.

Giving Apples announcement today I'm
wondering is it best to return it to get the new "iPad" (wish they gave it a proper name as it's going to get confusing) !

The only thing I can see that I don't like is the thickness ?

What's your thoughts ? Is it worth going for this new one?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm honestly not seeing any outrageous enhancements in this new iPad over the Air 2. I'd imagine the Air 2 to be equally as capable as the one shown today. And if the additional thickness and slight increase in weight is a problem, that's another reason to be happy with what you've got. Processing power got a slight bump so there's that.

It wouldn't hurt to trade it in...but I don't think there is a huge reason to do so. Unless pricing is comparable.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Think of this iPad as a successor to the iPad Air 1, not the Air 2. It doesn't even have a laminated screen. It's basically like this in order to cut costs and sell at the price point it's been given. It also allows Apple to justify a bigger price gap between this and what will eventually be the iPad Pro 10.5" screen which I feel like is all but confirmed now that they've gone this route.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
So I decided last week to buy an iPad Air 2 for using around the house etc nothing to much.

Giving Apples announcement today I'm
wondering is it best to return it to get the new "iPad" (wish they gave it a proper name as it's going to get confusing) !

The only thing I can see that I don't like is the thickness ?

What's your thoughts ? Is it worth going for this new one?

Well i have a refurb iPad pro 9.7 arriving today so am sort of in the same boat, can get the new iPad with 4G for $60 cheaper than the wifi pro, will see but could be going back. I don't need pencil/case but the better screen for reading could be better, don't know.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Think I will stick with the air 2 :).
Thanks for your help guys.

That is probably the correct decision. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the two besides a upgraded processor and bigger battery. :) The iPad Air 2 does have a batter screen and thats what you are going to be looking at all day. Hope you enjoy your new iPad!

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
The new iPad is likened to an "SE" version. A step back and a step slightly forward. I'm sticking with my Air 2 for now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2