iPad Air won't turn on

cdneeley

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So my iPad Air was fine yesterday. Put it on the charger and went to use it this morning and it would not turn on at all. Cable worked when I checked it on my phone. I don't get the red battery icon when I plug it in. Hard resets don't work. I don't have a computer and can't get to an Apple Store for a couple of days. Any other ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem for you.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
So my iPad Air was fine yesterday. Put it on the charger and went to use it this morning and it would not turn on at all. Cable worked when I checked it on my phone. I don't get the red battery icon when I plug it in. Hard resets don't work. I don't have a computer and can't get to an Apple Store for a couple of days. Any other ideas?

I have had this same thing happen to an iPhone. Check to make sure the charging port is clean and clear of any dirt. Check another cable and charger. try plugging it into a wall or computer. If none of these work, then keep it plugged in for 24 hours. Do not try restarting it till the 24 hours is up. This solved the issue for me. If it still does not work, then there may be something wrong with your lightning port and you may need to make an appointment to have a Genius take a look at it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2