Hemorrhaging battery life

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I can't figure this out:
My iPad Air 2 goes from 100% to under 20% overnight while I'm asleep.
I have done all the usual tricks, to no avail.
Is my iPad dying or is there something else I could try?
Right now I can only use it while plugged in...
I am trying to save $$$ so I haven't bought the Pro, but now I'm wondering.
Help?
I'm running the latest IOS.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Install "Battery Life".
It'll check both the battery charge and capacity which will tell you the exact state of your battery.
It also gives you the voltage, cycles, temperature and discharge current.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
HI there -

Can you check Settings -> Battery to see what's going on? Does it report anything out of the ordinary?

Try putting it in Airplane Mode and see if that helps.

Any new apps you've installed?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
No new apps, battery settings say that Facebook uses the largest % of my battery but I'm on Facebook a lot and I turn off my apps when I'm done using them... Airplane mode does not help.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I have weird stuff like that I go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings

Don't use the "Erase all content" version.

You'll need to answer questions again like whether an app should send notifications, use location services, etc. You'll also need to re-enter your wifi info. But you won't need to reinstall anything if you pick the right one like I mentioned.

Something is getting stuck, and if you're canceling all the apps when you're done (though you don't need to) it's tough to know what is causing it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Turning off apps causes a lot more battery drain than just having them open. Apple does an awesome job closing them off if need be.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Well I previously mentioned installing Battery Life as it will give you a few clues as to what is going on with the battery but you never came back with a reply.
So I'll try again for you...
Another option to rule out if it is the battery is to first make an iTunes backup using the encryption method.
Now that you have a snapshot of your entire iPads contents byte by byte you need to do step two and that would be to erase everything as if you were starting from scratch.
Step three is run the newly formatted iPad without installing any additional apps and see if it still acts strange.
If it does then you know it's the battery that's at fault and again installing Battery Life will tell you a lot more.
If it's running fine with little to hardly any battery loss then you know it's something to do with your setup and running apps.

Now you have a choice ~ You can either reinstall that iTunes encrypted backup and put everything back in place and carry on the search to find out what is causing the problem or reinstall apps as and when.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well I previously mentioned installing Battery Life as it will give you a few clues as to what is going on with the battery but you never came back with a reply.
So I'll try again for you...
Another option to rule out if it is the battery is to first make an iTunes backup using the encryption method.
Now that you have a snapshot of your entire iPads contents byte by byte you need to do step two and that would be to erase everything as if you were starting from scratch.
Step three is run the newly formatted iPad without installing any additional apps and see if it still acts strange.
If it does then you know it's the battery that's at fault and again installing Battery Life will tell you a lot more.
If it's running fine with little to hardly any battery loss then you know it's something to do with your setup and running apps.

Now you have a choice ~ You can either reinstall that iTunes encrypted backup and put everything back in place and carry on the search to find out what is causing the problem or reinstall apps as and when.

Battery Life doesn't work on iOS 10 beta. Apple disabled apps like that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen