Is iPad Air 1 worth it in 2016?

Jack Neill

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have invested in multiple ecosystems over the years. My daily driver desktop is an i7 HP laptop hooked up to a 30 ". My main laptop is a Dell convertible and a Macbook. I have had multiple MacBooks and PowerBooks over the years. I sim swap between a 640/920/1020/Nexus 5/iPhone 6/iPhone 5C. My main tablets are Dell Venue 8 Pro/Nexus 7 2013. I am wondering if an iPad should be in my stable? I never really cared for the iPads, I have a iPad 2 that I use at work and really I think it sucks. With the iPad Pro Mini being released, I was thinking of getting a iPad Air 1 because the price might be right, I just don't know if its right for me, are there really good iPad apps you cant get on iPhone? The iPad line is something I never really explored. Is a iA1 worth it in 2016?

Thoughts? My view of iPads has always been thier kinda just big iPhones to me, but maybe its time I take the plunge.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It depends. What about the iPad 2 you dislike so much? Is it is device itself or the software that runs it? Those answers might help you to decide if the iPad Pro is for you or not. The iPad Pro is fast, responsive, powerful, especially the 12.9" version, and iOS 9.3.1 runs well on it. I have mostly business-related apps on my iPad Pro and my iPhone, and With the exception of iMore, I don't delve into social media anymore. I purchased my iPad Pro as a replacement for my aging MacBook, and thus far, it's working out quite well for me. In fact, it's better than I expected, and I don't even have the Smart Keyboard yet. Anyway, mosey on down to the nearest Apple Store and test the iPad Pro for yourself and then decide if you should get it or not.

Jack Neill

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the 4:3 aspect ratio, I don't like how slow it is, but to be fair it is really old.. There's just something about iPads I don't like, I have used many iPhones and Macs and like Apple stuff, I just wonder if I'm missing something, but it just seems like big iPhone to me and I dont like it. Is there some killer iPad apps I dont know about? Everyone seems gaga about iPads, and I just feel meh... I played with one at Best Buy and it was light and felt nice but still...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Because iOS on the iPad is almost identical to that of the iPhone, it's easy to see how people can view the iPad as a bigger iPhone. heck, I initially thought that when I first saw the original iPad. Maybe if it had its own OS, it would be viewed a little differently. Know what I mean. Having said that, I do 90% of my computing needs on my iPhone, but there are times, even more so now, when I need to do things on a larger device, but still have the things I started synced over to that larger device, and that's where the iPad comes in. My iPad Pro is a replacement for my old MacBook. I know exactly how I want to use it and have installed the necessary app to accomplish my goal. With that in mind, if you have a specific plan for the iPad Pro then it will be a valuable tool for you. It's power, speed, and ease of use are all bonuses.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Different device but I still have original iPad that I will not sell because there are features that I like about this puppy. So iPad Air 1 wood have some use.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73