My friend gifted me iPad Air from Australia, but in India it can not be charged. What should I do?

I

iMore Question

My friend gifted me ipad air from australia, but in india it can not be charged.

In india an ipad air purchased from australia can not be charged. when it is pluged, the message appears that the cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iphone. what should i do to charge the same in india.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: My friend gifted me ipad air from australia, but in india it can not be charged.

Welcome to iMore! Are you using an Apple cable and charger? If so, you may need an adaptor. The electrical system may be different. Not real sure.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: My friend gifted me ipad air from australia, but in india it can not be charged.

You are using a non certified cable, which is why the message appears. Nothing to do with Australia and India. This will appear even if you use that cable in Australia.
The voltage these days is 100~240 for all adapters, so it won't matter in which country you try to charge it.