How do I free up space on my iPad Air without having to delete my photos?

nin21

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
How do I free up space on my I pad air without having to delete my photos

I have quite a few photos on my I pad air but I need to free up some space, how do I do this without having to delete my photos

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I free up space on my I pad air without having to delete my photos

Don't fire up space at all - add more. This Transcend JetDrive fits into the SD card slot and is more or less completely flush. I leave mine in all the time and have zero issues. They're pretty cheap and and come in 64, 128 and 256gb sizes.

iMoreAppImg_20160111_082311.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Don't fire up space at all - add more. This Transcend JetDrive fits into the SD card slot and is more or less completely flush. I leave mine in all the time and have zero issues. They're pretty cheap and and come in 64, 128 and 256gb sizes.
There is no SD slot on the iPad Air.

Without deleting photos (can you delete videos, if there are any?) you can clear space by going to your settings and clearing out large apps, music, podcasts, etc.

Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage

Look through the Storage section and delete anything possible.

Other than that, you may have to start looking through your photos to delete if you're out of space.

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site

Why not transfer photos to a computer or photo sharing site like Flikr to PhotoBucket? How would you feel if the iPad ceased working at all? (Accident or theft) You need to have the photos backed up somewhere, and then you would be free to selectively dispose of some off the iPad.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

There is no SD slot on the iPad Air.

Without deleting photos (can you delete videos, if there are any?) you can clear space by going to your settings and clearing out large apps, music, podcasts, etc.

Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage

Look through the Storage section and delete anything possible.

Other than that, you may have to start looking through your photos to delete if you're out of space.

No there isn't. I mistakenly read MacBook Air. Sorry!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

No there isn't. I mistakenly read MacBook Air. Sorry!

I figured as much! ;) It's a great idea if you had the option like on your laptop. Non critical items could be stored there easily -- unfortunately it's not an option on the i-devices.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73