Why does increasing brightness to the max level drain my battery so fast?

I

iMore Question

At first, increasing the brightness to the max on my iPad Air 1 (the original iPad Air which was released in 2013) didn't drain my battery, but then, after some time, whenever I set the brightness to the max, my iPad loses 1% of its charge every 1 to 2 minutes! When I decrease it to the middle, it doesn't lose charge that fast and takes about 4 to 5 minutes to lose 1%. Why is this happening?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
At first, increasing the brightness to the max on my iPad Air 1 (the original iPad Air which was released in 2013) didn't drain my battery, but then, after some time, whenever I set the brightness to the max, my iPad loses 1% of its charge every 1 to 2 minutes! When I decrease it to the middle, it doesn't lose charge that fast and takes about 4 to 5 minutes to lose 1%. Why is this happening?

Probably because of two reasons, your iPad battery is two years old and has gotten weaker over that time period, and with the screen brightness to the max level it takes more energy than having it at 50% level.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I keep my screen brightness at around 20% inside. In the sun I up it to about 75%. I can't imagine it at Max inside.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2