Air print problem

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I just bought an hp envy 5660 printer. My iPad recognizes the printer but when trying to print it says it's out of paper when it's not. I have tried resetting the iPad, the AirPort Extreme router, and the printer, along with the net work settings on the printer. Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an iPhone to test the printer with? Did you remove all of the tape that normally accompanies new printers?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. The printer prints wirelessly from my MacBook. Same issue on my iPad Air 2, my iPhone 6+, and my finances iPad Air.

I really don't know what to tell you at this point. I sent a test document to my AirPrint printer (Epson Stylus NX430) and it just printed the document without a problem. Is it possible for you to swap it out at the store you bought it from just in case the one you have is defective?

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I thought I replied to this, must not of went through I actually got it working. It still says the printer is out of paper on the iPad, but it prints. Thanks for the help guys. I couldn't find anything online about it, other than a few people saying they have had the issue, and what worked for them didn't work for me. I contacted hp support and idk what it is they did, but it works now so that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought I replied to this, must not of went through I actually got it working. It still says the printer is out of paper on the iPad, but it prints. Thanks for the help guys. I couldn't find anything online about it, other than a few people saying they have had the issue, and what worked for them didn't work for me. I contacted up support and idk what it is they did, but it works now so that's all that matters.

Okay great, and thank you for the update...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods