Why and how does my iPad name keep changing?

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
iPad Name Keeps Changing

I noticed a while back that the name of my iPad somehow became "Unknown Host". So I changed it in General > Settings to iPad. Didn't think anything else about it for the most part. On one occasion, I checked back in and found the name to be iPad (2). Today I noticed it was iPad (4). What in the world is going on? I've looked everywhere I can think of--associated with my AppleID, iCloud ID, and backup listings--and can find no reason why the name keeps changing. Any ideas?

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPad Name Keeps Changing

Well crap, now my iPhone is doing it. For a day, it became iPhone (4), now it is iPhone (2). What in the world?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

My iPhone became "iPhone 2" after I restored it as new. I changed it back to the name I had given it, and it has stayed that way since. But it appears many are seeing the name switch. It made sense after restoring as new, but the others don't.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Interesting. When I got my Air 2 I set it up as new and just downloaded apps as I needed them again. Liked the idea so much I restored my phone as new. That's was months ago but I bet that's when all this started.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro