Need Help: Should I Get the 64 GB or 128 GB version of iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + 4G?

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Right now I'm contemplating getting a new iPad Air 2 to replace my iPad 3. However, I am debating between getting the 64GB or the 128GB version. My current one is 64GB and I have used around half of it (including the iOS software itself which uses around 8GB of the space already)

I use my iPad quite a lot. Mostly to store data/files/photos and occasional music/videos (which I organize regularly). I do surf the web as well as use it to play a few games and a handful of social media apps. I also like to use it as my personal portable library (I like to read, A LOT - better than lugging around tons of books). Other than that, I sometimes read the newspapers and magazines (which I usually delete once I'm done anyway so not that big of a deal) on it as well.

I would like to hear your opinions. Is there any big difference aside from the capacity? Possible lag? Etc.

Thank you for listening and commenting.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Being that you've only used "half" of your current 64 GB storage space, I would assume that the current storage amount is more than sufficient.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
With my iPhone I always go big or go home 128 GB. But my iPad Air 2, I went with a smaller amount, 64GB Since everything else I access is cloud based, so no need for massive storage.

princessiphone

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
This is a stupid question. If you're going to use 128gb get that one. If not, get the 64gb.

We can't tell you how much you're going to use but if money isn't holding you back just get the 128.

*sigh*

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This is a stupid question. If you're going to use 128gb get that one. If not, get the 64gb.

We can't tell you how much you're going to use but if money isn't holding you back just get the 128.

*sigh*
I just thought it'd be interesting to see what other people's thought processes on picking one over the other. Yes, at the end of the day, I'll be the one deciding which one to buy. Sorry if you think this is a stupid question. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Save $100 and get the 64 gb, then send it to my PayPal. I'll PM you my email.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423586842.562827.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

therealmatt84

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I just went from an iPad 3rd gen 64gb wifi+lte to iPad Air 2 64gb wifi.

If your only using half I would stick to 64gb. As for the wifi or the cellular one I would just go wifi unless you don't have hotspot on your phone. It's great with an iPhone because you can just select iPhone hotspot from the wifi settings from your iPad.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I think it's logical to assume that if you've only used half of an existing 64GB iPad, it's logical to think that a 64GB iPad will be plenty going forward.

While I could live with a 64gb iPad I think buying the most space as you can afford is the better route. I had a 64gb iPad Air before I sold it and went trying android tablets but I didn't feel like paying $799 for the 128gb iPad wifi model but at $699 or $829 for the LTE model it is worth it imo. I had about 10gb free on my 64gb iPad Air before I sold it and now only 7gb free on this 128gb iPad Air 2. You can't buy micro sd cards and insert them into your iPad so I prefer to have more space so if I need it I have it .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I just went from an iPad 3rd gen 64gb wifi+lte to iPad Air 2 64gb wifi.

If your only using half I would stick to 64gb. As for the wifi or the cellular one I would just go wifi unless you don't have hotspot on your phone. It's great with an iPhone because you can just select iPhone hotspot from the wifi settings from your iPad.

Eh I have a note 4 and a cellular iPad and I rather not waste my battery using hotspot . Idk how well iphones deal with battery management since my last iPhone was the iPhone 4 and I don't think they allowed that use yet without jail breaking which I didn't and had AT&T unlimited data plan at the time .

I like that my iPad has the option to use cellular as a backup in case my network goes down at home as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a 128gb Lte iPad air and is half full. I only need a 16gb IP6 so all my photos /video from it and my Sony A6000 camera go onto the Air via my 15" MBPr, better viewing on the big screen.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Also keep in mind that, if you plan on selling your iPad in the future, you'll get the best return on lower storage models. A year or two from now, no one will pay $100 more for a 128GB iPad Air 2 than a 64GB, but you'll pay $100 more now.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
With my iPhone I always go big or go home 128 GB. But my iPad Air 2, I went with a smaller amount, 64GB Since everything else I access is cloud based, so no need for massive storage.

Same here. 128GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2 (wifi/LTE). Most of my pics are taken with my iPhone. The originals take up more space. So with iCloud photos the need for tons of storage on the iPad is alleviated somewhat.

Also most of my music is on my iPhone (and downloaded). Again with the cloud the iPad doesn't need as much. My iPad isn't my primary device, my iPhone is. Usually I'll through movies on the iPad for traveling but otherwise not much else. So it doesn't need as much space for what I use it for. For others it might more of a main device. I also have a MacBook so the iPad isn't a computer replacement for me either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW