I did it!!!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh I am. And I even got an anti glare screen protector which I love. I really didn't think Apple could improve on the iPad Air but boy they did.
Originally, we were going to upgrade my husband's old iPad 4 but at the last minute, he said he wanted me to have the new one because he really doesn't care about the fingerprint Touch ID thing, and boom, right there in the store, he set it up as mine and asked me to reset my iPad Air as a new device for him.
So voil?.
He has an iPad Air. I have an iPad Air 2.
Both in space gray, wifi + cellular, 128 GB.
That man is too generous for words.

Btw if there's anything new in the air 2 that I haven't noticed, please enlighten me! 😀

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Touch ID is probably my favorite aspect. I did miss the switch that I used for screen rotation lock.

Does your anti glare screen protector cause that rainbow effect some do?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Touch ID is probably my favorite aspect. I did miss the switch that I used for screen rotation lock.

Does your anti glare screen protector cause that rainbow effect some do?

It does not, it works exactly like the anti glare screen protector on my iphone 6: a mat finish that doesnt retain finger prints, i really like it. I also got a new spiffy smart case in navy.

But I need somebody to educate me. (I'm frightfully ignorant with tech toys, please bear with me)

What the hell is RAM, what does more RAM do, what's it for? Does it have to do with speed? Because this puppy seems to break the sound barrier everytime I use it, whoa!

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Great to hear your Air found a good home. It is still a great tablet. I'll probably use mine until it starts to crumble from age.

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
It does not, it works exactly like the anti glare screen protector on my iphone 6: a mat finish that doesnt retain finger prints, i really like it. I also got a new spiffy smart case in navy.

But I need somebody to educate me. (I'm frightfully ignorant with tech toys, please bear with me)

What the hell is RAM, what does more RAM do, what's it for? Does it have to do with speed? Because this puppy seems to break the sound barrier everytime I use it, whoa!

RAM is random access memory. Think of it this way, apps are stored on your drive (the part that comes in 16, 64, or 128 GB).when an app is opened, parts of it are opened into RAM. It is then operated and ran from RAM until you close it with auto saves keeping your place in case of a crash.

More RAM can speed up a device. I was going to explain in detail but the more I wrote the more I found I needed to explain. So think of it this way:

You are taking a test. The test is open book but the book is huge and a pain to dig through (HDD or SSD). Every time you come to a question you don't remember the answer to (RAM), you have to take the time to look it up in the book (SSD OR HDD). If someone could remember (RAM) twice as much as you, they would be able to get finished a lot faster because they weren't having to reference the book as often.

That probably isn't the perfect analogy, but it should work well enough. Oh and HDD and SSD are hard disk drive and solid state drive. They are your storage options on computers and other data devices.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, Nathan. ��

Another thing I've noticed beside the speed is they've managed to improve the keyboard AGAIN. Now I was really impressed with the keyboard, going from iPad 4 to iPad Air, but this is blowing my socks off.
I'm normally the uncontested queen of typos, but with this, I'm going to need a new title. ��

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I have found that I type best on the iPad mini retina. In portrait mode it is just small enough to let me thumb type. With a touchscreen device I have to look at the keys anyway, so having a bigger keyboard is a detriment. Also, isn't the keyboard a function of ios rather than being device specific?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods