Circles on top?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I recently upgraded from my iPad Mini 2, to the new iPad Air 2, and first of all I love it! Of course, my first venture was finding a case I love and thankfully the very first case I got was just it! It's made by Poetic, and gives great all around protection, the screen protector is pretty awesome, and my iPad definitely feels secure! I do have a question regarding not just this case, because I see it on other similar style cases also, but what is with the two circles above the screen? Are there sensors in those spots or something? I've noticed the same circles in other cases that have a front to the case, so it has me wondering what could be there ...

And just in case anyone wanted to see the back of the case also ...

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The 2 circles toward the right and left sides at the top of the iPad Air 2 are the Ambient Light sensors. You can do a search on this forum and I posted a document from Apple showing the locations of every button and sensors on all of the Apple devices. I found this document while I searched for why my iPad Air 2 screen didn't seem to adjust the brightness when I had the case from my iPad Air on it. I found that on the iPad Air 2 Apple had moved the ambient light sensors from the top middle of the screen to the 2 locations towards the right and left top edge of the screen.