I wish they used AMOLED screens,

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
The Note 4 display is very good. I carry one in my front pocket every day. The 2560x1440 LCD display on my Tab Pro 8.4 is better than the Note 4, IMO. And since I paid for both devices my opinion is what matters, at least to me.

See how that works closingracer??

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The Note 4 display is very good. I carry one in my front pocket every day. The 2560x1440 LCD display on my Tab Pro 8.4 is better than the Note 4, IMO. And since I paid for both devices my opinion is what matters, at least to me.

See how that works closingracer??
Samsung lcd displays are hideous to say the least... Washed out and light bleeding on theirs that I have used. Note 4 has accurate colors and deep blacks and don't have backlight issues since it has no backlight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The best according to them. But it may not be the best to individual users. No matter the specs if a user enjoys their device that's what it is.
On the road I enjoy watching movies on my iPad 2. Of course it's not the best spec wise but it doesn't inhibit me from enjoying a movie.
If a user is not enjoying a device get something else that you enjoy totally. It's not that deep.
Why keep it if it's not what you want.
If a person is doing serious photo editing color is important on a display. But watching a movie? If it's that important get the device you feel is best for watching movies in your opinion instead of complaining about the one you own. Apple can't fix that only you can by getting something else. Instead of "wishing" try "getting" something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because display while important isn't a top priority. I love my iPad more then my android tablets and even the tab s 10.5 which has an amoled screen.

People want to bring up color accuracy but the note 4 is color accurate with deep blacks.

Watching a movie and having the whole backlight light up in a dark scene kills the movie

Maybe they need to get a new supplier because the QC on them are pretty poor as it is. I never had these issues with my laptop and TV which both use lcd

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My issue is more with the actual issues with the display and not the tech and amoled solves it easily.... Maybe they need to change suppliers of screens because these need work Imo... Great looking though

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Let's try and calm this down a bit...both have advantages and disadvantages, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Lcd and LED are the same... When people are selling you a "LED" TV to you it's an LCD TV. Samsung makes LCD and AMOLED displays. The first tablets with amoled after the tab 7.7 is the tab s 10.5 and 8.4. Tab pro, note 10.1 2014 edition and the pro series in general use LCD displays

The note 4 and Samsung s series use amoled....

Do you even read? I said Samsung LCD displays are hideous.

Dude, you are hard to follow. If LCD and LED are the same and Samsung's LCD displays are hideous then why is your note 4 screen so awesome??

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Dude, you are hard to follow. If LCD and LED are the same and Samsung's LCD displays are hideous then why is your note 4 screen so awesome??

LED is not what's in the note 4 ......note 4 uses AMOLED or OLED . LED is not OLED. LED is a different technology then OLED. LED is what is being used to backlight LCD screens vs using CCFL which is a gas which is also why old LCD tvs weren't as slim as tvs now . AMOLED screens don't have a backlight and each pixel emits its own light which is how you have better blacks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand AMOLED screens, I had to get my Lumia replaced because of burn in, and the second replacement is starting to get burnin as well.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
LED is not what's in the note 4 ......note 4 uses AMOLED or OLED . LED is not OLED. LED is a different technology then OLED. LED is what is being used to backlight LCD screens vs using CCFL which is a gas which is also why old LCD tvs weren't as slim as tvs now . AMOLED screens don't have a backlight and each pixel emits its own light which is how you have better blacks

Ok, I'm done with this nonsense. You are simply uneducated and not worthy of a discussion about screen technology. I'm moving on.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
*you're.

Posted using electrons and pixels precisely formulated for the iPad Mini.

Well I blame auto correct for that ....but whatever . He doesn't know the difference between LCD( LED backlighting ) , OLED (AMOLED or even PMOLED), and for point sake plasma . And then since he can't comprehend the differences he calls people stupid

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After having a Amoled screens on a couple of my past devices, I have to admit it does look GOOD, however the iDevices aren't to shabby either. If I had to choose overall performance vs screen resolution....obviously I would choose my iDevices. Glad your happy with your decision OP (and anyone else), but lets refrain from insults and personal attacks....it's just not KOOL and against the RULES.
Thanks,
Have a nice day ....ENJOY

kellyjdrummer

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Well I blame auto correct for that ....but whatever . He doesn't know the difference between LCD( LED backlighting ) , OLED (AMOLED or even PMOLED), and for point sake plasma . And then since he can't comprehend the differences he calls people stupid

Sure.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Usually when you spell out "youre", auto-correct will correct it to "you're" instead of incorrectly changing it to "your." So, yeah...sure.

Yeah I'm currently using the Samsung keyboard which didn't that .....it's crap but haven't downloaded swiftkey yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR