I want to maximize the iPad Air 2's Wi-Fi speed. Any router recommendations?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Basically anything with 802.11 av Wi-Fi. Apple offers 2 routers that have AC compatibility: the Airport Extreme, and the Airport Time Capsule.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I got the Airport extreme about 6 months ago. It has been bar none the best router I have ever used. Its lighting fast and I have never had to reset it, not one time. The signal strength is also fantastic.

acedzero

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Asus RT-AC68U and Netgear Nighthawk are good choices too. If you are running Windows I would suggest 8.1 if you're not running that already. I've heard of some people having speed issues with AC in Windows 7.

rogerfromco

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I got the Airport extreme about 6 months ago. It has been bar none the best router I have ever used. Its lighting fast and I have never had to reset it, not one time. The signal strength is also fantastic.

I'll second the AirPort Extreme. My old iPad and Apple TV kept losing connection with my Linksys router and a friend recommended the Extreme. It was spends, but after a little research, it appeared I wasn't the only one having the lost connection issues with non-Apple routers, so I took the plunge a year ago and it's been flawless ever since.

Here are the results of the speed test I just ran and shows I am getting the maximum speeds for my service over wifi.

a3b8c64ac20c915f264992b6923a7611.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk (so I blame autocorrect for the spellin' errs)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73