iPad Air 2 First Impressions!

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to the Air because of how light it was and again with the Air 2.

What a difference, how much easier it is to handle. I'm using it now.

SHIFT_air two

zebulun12

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got my iPad Air 2 last week. It is my first ever iPad. I love it. Fast, clear, light. My first impression...Simply amazing!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I went ahead and purchased a Verizon WiFi/Cellular Gold 64gb iPad Air2 and it's simply....AMAZING. As much as I hate to admit this, but my iPhone 5s has become just a ....well a phone since I got my Air2. This is also my first iPad. I'm very HAPPY ...SMILE

Last edited:

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and purchased a Gold 64gb iPad Air2 and it's simply....AMAZING. As much as I hate to admit this, but my iPhone 5s has become just a ....well a phone since I got my Air2. This is also my first iPad. I'm very HAPPY ...SMILE

Hope you enjoy it mate. It is an awesome device

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
iPad Mini 2 was the first tablet I owned, then upgraded to the Air 2 this year and love it! I definitely couldn't go back to Mini, and the 2 GB of RAM is awesome! Performance wise, I haven't had any hiccups even playing games like Modern Combat 5.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Exchanged mine for a 13" MBA after < 3 days. For what it costs, it's not worth it (for me). It basically functions like a HUMONGOUS iPhone and if you have an iPhone 6 Plus the iPad feels extremely redundant.

Really, it had me thinking why I bothered getting the phone, and if I were to keep the phone why I bothered getting the Tablet. Continuity is nice, but it only exacerbates the issue because then the iPad can totally replace the phone for 95% of what the phone does (usability-wise, but then there's the caveat that you need an iPhone so you feel tied into wasting cash...). I like to see $800+ purchases get full use, so that I can feel like I'm getting my money's worth. I started to feel jipped with the iPad, and I couldn't feel comfortable keeping it.

There was no way I was going to get rid of my i6+, so something had to give.

Also, the Cameras on it weren't all that great, especially if you have an 5S or 6 [Plus]. The difference in quality is kind of amazing and so I would never use them - and it was one of the main selling points of the newer iPad. I use my smart devices to record video for analysis so having the big screen was kind of enticing, but the black bars and the amount of VIBRATION this device does when playing any sort of sound (even ringtones) is just unacceptable. Really, it vibrates like a 10 year old car when playing anything...

So, I took it back and got a 13" MBA, which feels just as portable to me, except typing is amazing and I can run full apps on it. Continuity and Handoff still work flawlessly. I'm liking it, but I'm still keeping my Windows Notebook around to run Video Analysis and Gaming Software (Windows-only).

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Exchanged mine for a 13" MBA after < 3 days. For what it costs, it's not worth it (for me). It basically functions like a HUMONGOUS iPhone and if you have an iPhone 6 Plus the iPad feels extremely redundant.

Really, it had me thinking why I bothered getting the phone, and if I were to keep the phone why I bothered getting the Tablet. Continuity is nice, but it only exacerbates the issue because then the iPad can totally replace the phone for 95% of what the phone does (usability-wise, but then there's the caveat that you need an iPhone so you feel tied into wasting cash...). I like to see $800+ purchases get full use, so that I can feel like I'm getting my money's worth. I started to feel jipped with the iPad, and I couldn't feel comfortable keeping it.

There was no way I was going to get rid of my i6+, so something had to give.

Also, the Cameras on it weren't all that great, especially if you have an 5S or 6 [Plus]. The difference in quality is kind of amazing and so I would never use them - and it was one of the main selling points of the newer iPad. I use my smart devices to record video for analysis so having the big screen was kind of enticing, but the black bars and the amount of VIBRATION this device does when playing any sort of sound (even ringtones) is just unacceptable. Really, it vibrates like a 10 year old car when playing anything...

So, I took it back and got a 13" MBA, which feels just as portable to me, except typing is amazing and I can run full apps on it. Continuity and Handoff still work flawlessly. I'm liking it, but I'm still keeping my Windows Notebook around to run Video Analysis and Gaming Software (Windows-only).

You could run Boot Camp to use those Windows applications on a Mac if you wanted to :)

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You could run Boot Camp to use those Windows applications on a Mac if you wanted to :)

There are known issues with one in particular and the company does not give support if you're running under Bootcamp on a Mac. Plus, I'm not paying for another Windows license and I hate dual booting.

Additionally, the GPU in MacBooks won't really cut it for the types of games and video analysis software I run on the Windows PC. The Analysis software would lag when Analyzing high FPS Full HD video and I'd lost a ton off my frame rate in 3D games.

The MacBook will be my daily driver PC, but for those tasks the Windows Notebook is really the superior option

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

rgough305

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on the fence to purchase an iPad Air 2. I currently have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 6 Plus; my iPad 2 is running 7.1.2 as I didn't want to upgrade to iOS 8 due to the performance issues, etc. Now I'm running into apps not updating due to the OS and/or hardware! I really love sitting in bed reading on my iPad, the iPhone is just a bit too small for my old eyes but I fear in a few months the iPad 2 will become obsolete with updates. I'm sure the upgrade would be spectacular especially going from non-retina to full on retina. :)

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on the fence to purchase an iPad Air 2. I currently have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 6 Plus; my iPad 2 is running 7.1.2 as I didn't want to upgrade to iOS 8 due to the performance issues, etc. Now I'm running into apps not updating due to the OS and/or hardware! I really love sitting in bed reading on my iPad, the iPhone is just a bit too small for my old eyes but I fear in a few months the iPad 2 will become obsolete with updates. I'm sure the upgrade would be spectacular especially going from non-retina to full on retina. :)

It's only becoming obsolete because your letting it become the that way. I'm using iOS 8 on my iPad Air 2 and it works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought my girlfriend the first iPad when it came out, so I've had experience with one being around the house, but this iPad Air 2 is the first iPad of my very own, and I've gotta say; wow! What a beast! Impressive power, amazing screen, just a beautiful piece of hardware!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought my girlfriend the first iPad when it came out, so I've had experience with one being around the house, but this iPad Air 2 is the first iPad of my very own, and I've gotta say; wow! What a beast! Impressive power, amazing screen, just a beautiful piece of hardware!

I totally agree with this post....SMILE

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods